LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Horticultural oils are underated
Sorry forgot to tag this.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2012, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Listen I want to clear the air about the, "soap". Don't want anyone to think I haven't applied thousands of gallons of pesticides in my years. Still do, only now I. "really know when to". I was simply answering his question. "Simple & easy " "simple & easy " "simple & easy ". Nothing more nothing less. Now let's play ball please. That's what he asked for right. "Simple & easy." "Simple & easy." Plus their almost done!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by turfmd101; 08-25-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

red flags are red flags!

Red flags mean caution; if these statements from somebody touting pest control aren't red flags I'm an idjut.

"I'm a guy who never went to (school) for this.

I've never read many labels, though I know most products by what they "really" do not what controlled test study's show or labels tell me.

The fact is I never visit my customers only phone contact or e-mailed pictures from them."

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Last edited by jvanvliet; 08-25-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've attended turfgrass science classes, but not for school. My schooling came from being on the south end of a north bound spreader. Being on my knees in the turf soil probe in hand, my corona 80 pruners on my belt figuring out the why's.

What do you think it takes to get the word "CONTROLS" on pesticide labels? They never say will kill. It says "CONTROL" for a reasonable claim to gain registration. Ever heard of results may very? You believe the testing used for data results are designed to be easy to pass or fail. I'm not knocking data or pesticides abilities. With favorable environmental conditions, they perform nicely. The issue is, how often is mother nature on our side. Not enough for me to use labels more than experience. OK. Almost never visit my customers. Sometimes I gotta see myself. Fact. How else could I turn a homeowner into a veteran techs best competition.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
I've attended turfgrass science classes, but not for school. My schooling came from being on the south end of a north bound spreader. Being on my knees in the turf soil probe in hand, my corona 80 pruners on my belt figuring out the why's.

What do you think it takes to get the word "CONTROLS" on pesticide labels? They never say will kill. It says "CONTROL" for a reasonable claim to gain registration. Ever heard of results may very? You believe the testing used for data results are designed to be easy to pass or fail. I'm not knocking data or pesticides abilities. With favorable environmental conditions, they perform nicely. The issue is, how often is mother nature on our side. Not enough for me to use labels more than experience. OK. Almost never visit my customers. Sometimes I gotta see myself. Fact. How else could I turn a homeowner into a veteran techs best competition.
Posted via Mobile Device
The label is the LAW!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
Old 08-25-2012, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
You could bring a lot to this group if perhaps you did not talk down to us. We have nothing to prove and we are here to share.

RELEASE us from your Holier-than-thou CONTROL attitude

Last edited by Duekster; 08-25-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
The label is the LAW!
You got that right and often for good reason
Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

You know. I thought this was an open forum. Do discuss issues. Help others come up with answers to problems they endure. But in the end it's just like when my kids play PS3 online. Everybody has attatude. Everyone's competing. I'm not trying to challenge anyone that I'm better. I just wana give my thoughts from my experiences. You never know when your going to meet someone who can help get ya to the next level. Me included. Oh, enough of the soap jokes. It's too repetitive. Nothing new. Nothing different to all the different things I say. Step up. Give me a real well thought challenging response please instead of the same thing. How about something like "Hey man, is you're spreader like a 55 gallon barrel of detergent that you puncture with you're pruners, lay on its side and roll all over the turf ". Now that's a little more funny than the same amo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Talk about IPM. I don't want to be an a** but here goes. If you can't name it, you don't know what you should & should get off the sidewalk when I walk by! By the way. "Your a poet and you know it!
Posted via Mobile Device
We see that you are all warm and fuzzy.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The label is the LAW!
But what am I off label on? Let me know so I can address.
Posted via Mobile Device
Closed Thread