Old 08-26-2012, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post
I just hope you don't have hard nosed
DOT enforcers where you're at like we
have here in MD!

Posted via Mobile Device
Not at all, when they start pulling over all the 2500HD's that are towing 450-550 dozers then maybe I will worry about it.
I dont move my equipment very often, it is typically on a job for 1-3 weeks at a time and I have a hauling company move it around for me most of the time. It usually costs me $120-200 to move the mini, TSL, job box, buckets/forks and the harley rake.
Its saves so much time for me at the end of a job to have everything moved at once. Around here and I'm sure you have them too, we have trucking company's that specialize in hauling excavation equipment. This may be something that could save you guys time and money in the long run.

I will never have to worry about hiring a CDL driver (I have all materials delivered also, it keeps everyone working) or getting into trouble with DOT, unless they pull me over towing the mini but they are not bad around here and I don't do it often. Dot typically only picks on the tandem axles and up, Ive never seen or heard of anyone around me getting pulled over in a single axle but I'm sure it has happened, just not often.