Register free!

Old 08-26-2012, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Ric;4510142][QUOTE=Patriot Services;4509751]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post

I didn't post about it. Gregory Posted a Picture of his lawn after I gave him the Chemicals and instructions to kills Bermuda in St Augustine. I given or traded samples to a couple LS Members.

I do not think I ever stated you posted your formula, I know you mentioned being able to do it. Trust that if you say you can then you can.
'
It appears some quotes and links are screwed up too.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post

I do not think I ever stated you posted your formula, I know you mentioned being able to do it. Trust that if you say you can then you can.
'
It appears some quotes and links are screwed up too.
I am fixing to sell off all my L&O accounts and only do Structural Pest Control. Depending on who buys my account will determine if they get my recipes. In fact depending on the deal, I may be willing to train and sponsor the right individual until they were certified. But I am tired of those who think my accounts and knowledge are not worth paying for. I spend both money and sweat to know what I know. Why should I give it way?

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I am fixing to sell off all my L&O accounts and only do Structural Pest Control. Depending on who buys my account will determine if they get my recipes. In fact depending on the deal, I may be willing to train and sponsor the right individual until they were certified. But I am tired of those who think my accounts and knowledge are not worth paying for. I spend both money and sweat to know what I know. Why should I give it way?

Because I live in Texas and I am a nice guy?
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Because I live in Texas and I am a nice guy?
A stack of Benjamins is even nicer.

I am tired of people wanting Free help. Last guy I Tried to help wanted to hold a Spray card from me and still do all his own illegal applications. I was sucker enough to let him until he messed up. I had to treat a yard to save it for him. When I charged him $ 150 for fungicide on over 20,000 sq ft, He complained I was cheating him. T storm cost me over $ 90 alone. I was pretty much doing the job at cost. I won't name names but once burnt, twice caution. Any one I take under my wing from now on is paying up front.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
A stack of Benjamins is even nicer.

I am tired of people wanting Free help. Last guy I Tried to help wanted to hold a Spray card from me and still do all his own illegal applications. I was sucker enough to let him until he messed up. I had to treat a yard to save it for him. When I charged him $ 150 for fungicide on over 20,000 sq ft, He complained I was cheating him. T storm cost me over $ 90 alone. I was pretty much doing the job at cost. I won't name names but once burnt, twice caution. Any one I take under my wing from now on is paying up front.

way to go letting that go on. Good way of helping insects become resistant
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I probably shouldn't chime in, but what are you talking about.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2012, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How insects become resistant.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh and we all all thought Bugs lit into him, this should be very interesting if things play out the way I am thinking they will

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
How insects become resistant.
What does fungicide have to do with that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2012, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
What does fungicide have to do with that?
Posted via Mobile Device
Different food for thought. You guys know me by know (DA) . Get it... OK HERE GOES.

This guy who screwed up. Seems to me that this guy doesn't know arithmetic, so he won't be successful at calibration. Like bucket checking 101. If you do not deliver a lethal dose to a target pest. That pest is given the opportunity to build resistance. See the snake handler, who gets bit by a snake and survives has the chance to build resistance. The handler who gets bit and dies does not get that same chance. "DEAD DOESN'T BUILD RESISTANCE™". But rebounding from an attack does. Say the first day bifenthrin hit the street. This guy gets some. Seems to me ... he will probably missapp his treatment. You know, because he screwed up! Well the chinch don't die, it's been over 15 days. Haven't seen 'em. So the building blocks of resistance start to form. I don't believe over application causes resistance. Over application is ok as long as you KILL WHAT YOUR TRYING TO KILL! . Again "DEAD DOESN'T BUILD RESISTANCE. IT'S DEAD ™". Now over application is not my target promotion here. Killing your target pest is. Resistance started it's building blocks day one when bifen hit the streets. I don't believe day 2 or 8 or day 289 after bifen hit the street that over application had already begun. I believe that takes a while longer and by the time it has any effect. Well, miss application has taken center stage and proudly owns it. All because this guy let another guy illegally use his ticket. Poor decision IMO. I got alot of crap for suggesting powder laundry detergent (by the way. no resistance to soap) . Let's see how this gets discussed shall we? Come on I know you wanna drill me.
Posted via Mobile Device