Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2012, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My warranty is everything for the first year. I have moved away from drop ins for the most part due to more failures early on. I have been using integrated LED fixtures and have had almost no failures in the last couple of years. Either way, for us, it's 1 year period. After which we still cover the products but they pay for the labor, at least a minimum visit charge. So far I have had only one person gripe about it 4 years after we did the job, but they still paid it. I have a policy that if someone touches the system other than us, our 1st year warranty is void, and subsequent repair visits are full price. I give my clients this in writing now so there is no misunderstandings. I also notify them on the phone if they are over the first year before we roll out there.

All that said, I am very, very picky about whose products go into my jobs. Cheaper is not usually better in the long haul.

I have had customers willing and asking to pay for service within the first year, ie: reprogramming timers, etc, but I refuse it. It is how we do business and usually it improves our referrals too.
Tommy Herren, CLVLT #1169
Member of AOLP, CA chapter
www.thelightinggeek.com

Battling the Forces of Darkness Everywhere