Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I have the aspirator on this machine. Its as outstanding on this as it is on the 400 series machines. That $300 add saves that much or more in air filters a year.

I have no idea. I doubt our service department is any brighter than any other. There are quite a few of the new machines out over here and no one that I know of is having issues. I know on the initial release there were some issues but since then I have not heard much in the way of problems. The dealers here did not get any machines until about 4 months after the initial release. Maybe we missed the run of machines with issues.
I know the Case dealer had problems and have heard from the NH side, E/H is not going over at all. I have been 'recommended' not to go with E/H but haven't had time or ability to 'disprove' the myth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excav8ter View Post
E/H is not as responsive as pilot....at least in the ones I have run. I, personally am not a big fan of all the electronics on the new stuff nowadays.
I'm not going to argue or try to say that E/H is 'better' than pilots but understand (and think they are the future) why the OEM's are going this route.

As for the electronic's, I have a little more open mind with it. A lot of the stuff that I love on the new skids are so much more productive because of the technology.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

E/H has not been painless for any OEM that has made the switch. BC first, then CAT and Deere. All have had some gremlins to fight, CASE being the latest is no exception. This is likely because I believe they all source the same component OEM (at least I know CASE and CAT do). However I think, the big issues seem to be over although CAT seems to still be fighting the shuttering issue. I can say that mine runs excellent. I would think if there was an inherent issue with the CASE EH system it would have surfaced by now.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
From a reliability standpoint, I would agree. There is little to go wrong with a good servo system. However as far as responsiveness. This EH system can be set to flinch when you sneeze. Just for kicks I set the setting to be as responsive as the machine will allow. I had to back it off. It was too touchy. I think these EH systems are improving very fast.

I am fast being converted to believe in this EH system. That might change if I have to fix it one day but from an operators standpoint its pretty baddasss.
Glad to hear that. Hope it keeps working good for you.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Excellent review , thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2012, 04:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I am also curious. I have been tempted to run it anyway just to see. However I know that if I do I will get to see how much the door costs. I would rather not do that. I have a good size mulching job bid, if I get it I will pickup the demo door. Its about 3K.
Have you looked into using a stock door frame and getting a lexan company to mold a new door? There is one in ohio that can do it. Might be half the cost of a new one. When I had my G and K series Bobcats, Bobcat stopped making the lexan to replace glass. Their demo door was like 1k+. I got the same lexan they used to sell for $500 shipped. I imagine the new 1/2 would be thicker. I don't think we need 3/4" which is what some of the OEM's are selling but that's been my experience.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDogSVC View Post
Have you looked into using a stock door frame and getting a lexan company to mold a new door? There is one in ohio that can do it. Might be half the cost of a new one. When I had my G and K series Bobcats, Bobcat stopped making the lexan to replace glass. Their demo door was like 1k+. I got the same lexan they used to sell for $500 shipped. I imagine the new 1/2 would be thicker. I don't think we need 3/4" which is what some of the OEM's are selling but that's been my experience.
I would be interested in that. I got a lexan door for my 465 and it was like 2K. Came with a ton of parts I didnt need but paid for. I will bet the door for the 320 is the same way. If you happen to know the name of the company let me know.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I would be interested in that. I got a lexan door for my 465 and it was like 2K. Came with a ton of parts I didnt need but paid for. I will bet the door for the 320 is the same way. If you happen to know the name of the company let me know.
Around $2600 for a complete demo door.