Register free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Dealing with customers in this business is as important as knowing what and wear to spray. From this post and all your others I can see your not as good with people skills as you think you are with you application skills. Frankly you sound like a whining pain in the azz who should fit in well sitting behind a counter selling over priced products to Joe homeowner all day. Reading most of your posts make me want to pull my hair out of my head.....I would sick cujo on you too if you were my lawn boy. Now go spout your arrogant crap off to your dumb customers.....no one here wants to hear it.
Fl-landscape

Remember Lesco store clerks are only paid around $ 30,000 a year. At that wage level what can you expect??? I believe I could collect soda cans and make that much.

You have to admit our current local Lesco guys aren't the typical failed Landscapers that work at Lesco. The younger of the two has been with Lesco for a number of years and learned well. The older guy was a spray tech on a golf course for years and Lesco is more of a slow down job before retirement. Both are nice guys. While I am not a big Lesco Customer they are my 7-11 for that Gallon of Milk I need right now. They take care of me even if I am a low volume customer. You have done work on the Lesco landscape, and dealing with those local guys was easy and profitable for you.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Tim and Scott are good guys and so is "hissing cobra" on this site. The difference I think is they chose to go to lesco and this clown couldn't hack the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Fl-landscape

Remember Lesco store clerks are only paid around $ 30,000 a year. At that wage level what can you expect??? I believe I could collect soda cans and make that much.

You have to admit our current local Lesco guys aren't the typical failed Landscapers that work at Lesco. The younger of the two has been with Lesco for a number of years and learned well. The older guy was a spray tech on a golf course for years and Lesco is more of a slow down job before retirement. Both are nice guys. While I am not a big Lesco Customer they are my 7-11 for that Gallon of Milk I need right now. They take care of me even if I am a low volume customer. You have done work on the Lesco landscape, and dealing with those local guys was easy and profitable for you.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
Tim and Scott are good guys and so is "hissing cobra" on this site. The difference I think is they chose to go to lesco and this clown couldn't hack the real world.
It does seem to be the prevailing opinion of many on this forum.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, my level was not the $30k. or that would be a joke!

My position is as follows:

If your customers starting day 1 to current, understand more about pesticide & fertilizer use than they understand about what they definitely, have to be doing, hands down, there IS no exception, they get it know. That they are so excited about all the things they didn't know, BUT NOW THEY DO. They cant wait to tell the neighbor why they HAVE chinch and not that they GOT chinch. That they were invited in by stress and it did not happen by chance. If they help minimize stress. Chinch won't be much of an issue, even during drought. Their turf is alive. Holy crap.They get it now. If their not working harder in their yard than you and not reliant on your magic potions to cure things. You have not done your job... Your first job is an EDUCATOR. Your second job is an APPLICATOR. I read more posts about the second job than I do about the first job. That's why I say what I say. My customers understand they work for me. I don't work for them. They understand my first job. Its all GOOD! MY CUSTOMERS WOULDN'T ASK WHY THE NEIGHBORS TURF LOOKS BETTER WHEN THEY DO NOTHING. BECAUSE I EXCEL AT MY FIRST JOB.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post

If your customers starting day 1 to current, understand more about pesticide & fertilizer use than they understand about what they definitely, have to be doing, hands down, there IS no exception, they get it know. That they are so excited about all the things they didn't know, BUT NOW THEY DO. They cant wait to tell the neighbor why they HAVE chinch and not that they GOT chinch. That they were invited in by stress and it did not happen by chance. If they help minimize stress. Chinch won't be much of an issue, even during drought. Their turf is alive. Holy crap.They get it now. If their not working harder in their yard than you and not reliant on your magic potions to cure things. You have not done your job... Your first job is an EDUCATOR. Your second job is an APPLICATOR. I read more posts about the second job than I do about the first job. That's why I say what I say. My customers understand they work for me. I don't work for them. They understand my first job. Its all GOOD! MY CUSTOMERS WOULDN'T ASK WHY THE NEIGHBORS TURF LOOKS BETTER WHEN THEY DO NOTHING. BECAUSE I EXCEL AT MY FIRST JOB.
turfmd101

I believe you are missing the point here. WE REALLY DON"T CARE WHAT YOUR POSITION AT LESCO WAS OR IS. As Buds & Bows put it your Big Man On Campus with non-malodorous excrement attitude is not winning friends or influencing Lawnsite Members.

BTW there are many members here who actual have a College education in horticulture, some have even taught College Level Horticulture. Other have had real positions like Buds & Bows who ran the Pest Control Dept for Disney World at one time. BTW He was also a County Extension Agent.

Your Lesco training is not as good as TG/CL because you did actually apply or follow up on the results of that application. Are you even certified as a Pesticide Operator in the state of Florida?? Or are you just an other wannabe??

Old 08-29-2012, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

After 13 years of applying thousands of applications. Working 70+ hours a week, is how I became certified. Not my lesco time. Though it did correct some of my misunderstandings. All I did there was try to help my fellow applicators. I didn't learn from there the way you understand it. Yes I applied under my license. But if I can convince a HO they had it wrong the whole time. Then any clown can right. Because I'm not as good as you. If I can turn a wrecked lawn into the envy yard of the subdivision. Never seeing it, and only discussing it.I must have learned something right. But I'm not the big man on campus. Possibly just to eager to help. I'll back off!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by turfmd101; 08-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Or are you just an other wannabe??[/B]

Ric

Tried to send you a PM but your box was full. Wanted to ask about buying some formulas.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Ric

Tried to send you a PM but your box was full. Wanted to ask about buying some formulas.
After several time of emptying my PM box I decided to leave it full to avoid Private Questions.

Am I to assume you want to control Grassy Weeds Like Bermuda and Torpedo Grass in St Augustine? Sorry I Plan to die with those formulas unless someone buys out all my accounts and pays big time. I have given, traded or sold premixed unlabeled products with instruction to several LS member who have posted the successful results here as you already know.

If you still want to contact me privately. Leave a visitor's message with your E mail and I will respond to your E mail. I will also erase your E mail after I copy it. BTW I don't want a bunch of Messages from other people in my visitor box.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post

Old 08-29-2012, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Trust me I dont let customers push me around, but to say your customers "work for you" is so laughable and arrogant it's unbelievable as well as a horrible bushiness model, mentality.
Closed Thread