Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-01-2012, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Cub Cadet Tank M54KW - Suggestions?

Greetings! New guy on this forum,and although I'm in the power washing business, and am familiar with working with small engines, I have some questions concerning my new Cub Cadet Tank M54 KW zero turn machine that I just recently purchased. Looks like a really well-built, tough commercial mower - just what I need to quickly mow my 1 acre, and get back to my demanding job. The first thing that I noticed was that the 23 hp Kawasaki motor didn't have any provisions for draining the motor oil. Just the bolt to discharge the oil, but nowhere for it to go! I would think that they would have put some kind of hose/draincock to drain the oil, so that it wouldn't run all over the baseplate of the machine (something that I'll definitely have to install!). The oil filter isn't much better, due to lack of room to place a shallow pan or something to catch the oil when removing the filter. Just curious if anyone has this particular machine, and how they handled that first oil change? Any help appreciated.

Bill