Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonturf View Post


goodness...

You people make a mountain of a mole hill here, until you see a big "R" on the front of the jug...I wouldn't be too concerned with it.
I just made a comment. How is that making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Here ya go.

Quote:
Under the agreement, many uses, including use on residential lawns, will be canceled by the end of this year. For products used on cotton and products phased out after 2009, new use restrictions and mitigation measures will be added to increase protections to water resources. By mid-March, the registrants must submit voluntary cancellation requests for all uses, other than the use of MSMA on cotton. By the end of 2009, many existing uses will be phased out and canceled including use on residential lawns, forestry, non-bearing fruit and nut trees, and citrus orchards. Over the next 4 years, uses on golf courses, sod farms, and highway rights of way will be phased out, promoting transition to alternatives.

http://www.epa.gov/pesp/htmlpublicat..._pespwire.html
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
My inspector documented how much old label product I had left.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 AM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
My inspector documented how much old label product I had left.
Posted via Mobile Device
So there you have it...glad you made that mountain now ain't ya?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
So there you have it...glad you made that mountain now ain't ya?
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey man, that aint no step for a stepper. lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:38 AM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Hey man, that aint no step for a stepper. lol
Posted via Mobile Device
So ha you just went against the law and purchased off label mama you would be toast...hard to explain cotton field use when all you do is resis! I guess you could grow you a little path of cotton!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Hey man, that aint no step for a stepper. lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Seems the TDA is picking up things a notch around here for sure. I had a woman inspector and she sounded like she was way too over loaded with area coverages.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Think Green's Avatar
Think Green Think Green is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas--Mississippi flood plains
Posts: 2,710
In Arkansas you have until your stock runs out. I had 20 gallons left from year before.
We have until 2013 to liquidate it...........and the product is still sold under a new label for golf course, right of way, and certain crop situations. Farmer's don't use it much for the crop as they use it for ditches,etc. I did not want to forget about the turf grower, they can still use it for their production. We as commercial and residential sprayers have to use it wisely in certain situations, however by the end of the year...........it needs to be away from the truck. Period.!!
I don't care if you have the old or new labeled product......it needs to be gone or you can face fines and or license cancellations.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
In Arkansas you have until your stock runs out. I had 20 gallons left from year before.
We have until 2013 to liquidate it...........and the product is still sold under a new label for golf course, right of way, and certain crop situations. Farmer's don't use it much for the crop as they use it for ditches,etc. I did not want to forget about the turf grower, they can still use it for their production. We as commercial and residential sprayers have to use it wisely in certain situations, however by the end of the year...........it needs to be away from the truck. Period.!!
I don't care if you have the old or new labeled product......it needs to be gone or you can face fines and or license cancellations.
Seems to me that would lead to people over using it, or dumping it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 AM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Seems to me that would lead to people over using it, or dumping it.
Stupid law...

Can we please get some more laws?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Turf Dawg's Avatar
Turf Dawg Turf Dawg is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gainesville Texas
Posts: 3,651
The way I understand it in Texas is that we can use the old label untill it is depleated. I guess I will have to double check. I guess it really depends on what the EPA says it has to be used by
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.06862 seconds with 9 queries