Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrigation Contractor View Post
What did you set the PSI at with the new regulator(s)? In your case we would use a Wilkins 600 HR rated for 75 - 125 PSI and knock it down to 85 or 90.

We have a maintenance project that is very close to what you have going on. We can run 1 or 2 zones at a time with no trouble, the we need to run 3 - 4 to meet the managers (Multi- Family Community) water window expectations.

We still blow mainlines, but now it is due to try to push more gallons through a mainline never designed to handle that amount. I have been telling then we need another water source, then isolate the entire property into 3 smaller systems. This way we can drop the pressure down into the 80's.

Good luck and I know how frustrating it can be, but the best way to cover yourself is with great communication and data to back it up.

It is frustrating but so far they are not complaining about all the heads we've changed.
Our results speak for themselves. The last few years they've had less than stellar performers that only did the basics. Mow and blow, trim the bushes once a year and unless there was a broken sprinkler line......... they didn't fix or adjust any thing. So now we're playing catch up.

I had a licensed plumber do the pressure regulator. I'm not sure the brand he used but the PSI was dropped to 70/75 at the back flow. If your customer is like mine they'll never go thru the expense of another water source and changing the main lines.

Other than going thru and adjusting a lot of the heads for spray pattern and the non working heads we are happy with the results of the pressure regulator.
Prior to the pressure regulator it was hard to tell what heads needed spray pattern adjusting because it was just all mist coming out of the nozzles.