Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-05-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13 View Post
correct the pump itself is approx 100 bucks.. we have the retail chains here called farm&fleet and tractor supply which it can be purchased @..

your motor will be an additional cost ..electric or gas.. as this is always the case
Thanks. Do you have a place and part number for the spray tips? I am going to build one of these with the electric motor like you got. I like the idea of it being quiet. And to hear how one of these will spray better than a trash pump...that's awesome. I would love some pics/links of all the components. You can email me if you want. Thanks again.

Jamey
Old 07-05-2012, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Member

give me your email and i will send the pics cant upload here for some reason? keep getting file failed.. im going to be out till evening but i will try and get them to you them pending getting an email address..

the pics i have are with this system with a gas motor/ we have since switched to electric but you will get the idea.. our electric motor is totally enclosed in a plastic case to avoid sealer etc getting on it so theres nothing to see there anyway but the motor..

If you have ever seen the farmers spraying with there tractors and the big boom this is most likely the pump there using!! great preasure with these pumps.. heres the one i run.. http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...ump_4101c.html
Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by german13 View Post
give me your email and i will send the pics cant upload here for some reason? keep getting file failed.. im going to be out till evening but i will try and get them to you them pending getting an email address..

the pics i have are with this system with a gas motor/ we have since switched to electric but you will get the idea.. our electric motor is totally enclosed in a plastic case to avoid sealer etc getting on it so theres nothing to see there anyway but the motor..

If you have ever seen the farmers spraying with there tractors and the big boom this is most likely the pump there using!! great preasure with these pumps.. heres the one i run.. http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...ump_4101c.html
CLICK HERE to email me. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

the link comes up with google chrome which i dont use, maybe you can open a temp email and post it here to recieve the pics..
Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

subzmail@gmail.com
Old 07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

sent
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

German13, I built that setup. Had a 3/4" ball valve to a 3/4" inch ID hose coming out of a new 125 gallon poly tank. Then to a purge valve (for easy water flushing), a short nipple into the 4-Roller Hypro Pump. From there, I went with a short nipple to the 150 PSI Pressure Bypass Valve. The bottom 3/4" ID hose went off the Pressure Bypass Valve to the hose reel spooled with 150' of 1/2" ID hose, and the top 3/4" ID hose went back to the top of the tank for recirculation and pressure blow off when I was not spraying.

We tested with water at first, all went well. Then when we put our coal tar sealer and added our 30% water. We mixed it with a paint stirrer on a drill for about 15 minutes. We recirculated for 30 minutes successfully. Then we turned the Pressure Bypass Valve down and tried spraying the mixed sealer...it hardly sprayed. So we recirculated for a another 20 minutes and tried spraying again. It was still too much for the pump as it was hardly spraying. We even took the gun off. Still not enough. We were catching some thick sealer.

During that testing period...the pump failed.

Here is what I believe happened. I think we had some thicker sealer down by the outlet inside the tank on the bottom even after all that mixing and recirculating. The pump just could not push that little bit of thicker sealer sealer through that 1/2" line and failed.

Now I got a $209 cut piece of 1/2" ID hose that I don't think I can return. Maybe if we tried 100' of 3/4" ID hose on the hose reel, it could have worked.

So here are the changes I am making. I am running a 2" ball valve off the tank into a Harbor Freight 2" trash pump. From there I will run a 2" T with (one 3/4" outlet to hose reel) to a 2" ball valve to the top of the tank for a full 2" recirculation. That will mix it up real good.

I am not to sure if I should leave that 1/2" hose on the reel though. I will try it real fast with the new pump at just above idle. Who knows....might work after that good old 2" recirculation mix method.

I really wish that Hypro setup would have worked.....

You must be laying some pretty thin stuff down.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Subseven, I think you are learning the hard way why most of us buy real sealcoating rigs with agitation and pumps capable of pumping sand.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dintlow View Post
Subseven, I think you are learning the hard way why most of us buy real sealcoating rigs with agitation and pumps capable of pumping sand.

I've built 7 or 8 money makers. All Steel. Nice hatch. Full hydraulic agitation. Weldon M8 pumps. Hand agitation. Trash Pumps. You name it. I just wanted to try this system for easy portability for the small stuff. For this setup...to go in the back of a ranger with the new 125 gallon tank we bought specifically for this project.

I'm reverting back to a new 2" trash pump. One 2" ball valve and 2" hose off the tank to pump, then a 2" tee with a 3/4" going to the hose reel and a 2" ball valve and hose going to top of tank for recirculation. This is a basic setup that works and that small tank will not look hideous like those 275 gallon tote tanks.

I can lay it down next to one of my other rigs and you aren't going to notice the difference between them or one of my buddies' Neal or Equip rigs. Only difference is...trash pumps get replaced once a year.

Here are a couple I built...

Old 09-08-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ranger is light for what you are doing, you will be maxed out at 125 gallons. I have a 2000 ranger and we put a small water tank in sometimes, very hard to stop.