Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Vinyl Lined Pools and Paver Decking

Over the years the question about removing the plastic or aluminum coping around the top perimeter of a vinyl lined pool has come up here at this forum.

I am no pool builder. And I'm not a pool remodeler. So my knowledge is limited, very limited.

Recently the question came up where a lawnsite member was say that they wanted to remove the plastic coping on his swimming pool. So I am starting a dedicated thread to this subject, that way if anyone in the future has questions about this, they can find this topic with a search.

Below is a picture that I took this morning. This particular vinyl pool has an aluminum coping. The concrete apron around the pool is molded into the coping. Meaning that removing the coping is really NOT easy to do.

In the pic you see a small plastic strip. I believe the pool industry refers to this as a "track". This "track" is what holds the top of the liner in place. If you remove the coping - then the "track" won't have anything to anchor into. With this said - It's my opinion that you do not try to remove the coping.

There are various types of coping. This pic here is just one example and is not intended to be gospil.

Next week we're doing some work where there is another vinyl pool and I will try to remember to shoot pics of it's coping.
Attached Images

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.

Tags
coping , paver pool deck , vinyl lined pool