Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:41 PM
zechstoker's Avatar
zechstoker zechstoker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 975
I've got a few accounts that would really benefit from a bigger mower, but they're not too terribly big. Get 'em knocked out in a hour and a half or less with the 21. Majority of the homes I service are done in about 30 minutes or less. I'm still keeping an eye out for a decent and affordable 32 or 36" WB though. Need something to speed up production.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by zechstoker View Post
I've got a few accounts that would really benefit from a bigger mower, but they're not too terribly big. Get 'em knocked out in a hour and a half or less with the 21. Majority of the homes I service are done in about 30 minutes or less. I'm still keeping an eye out for a decent and affordable 32 or 36" WB though. Need something to speed up production.
Posted via Mobile Device
See, that would be too much time for me...I have a 32 WB and a 36 Wright Stander...I'm def gonna bring both with me when I move out there. I saw pics of some decent sized properties that a 21" would be too small on.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2012, 11:12 PM
zechstoker's Avatar
zechstoker zechstoker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 975
I'd imagine there's plenty of properties in San Diego that would be perfect size for those. Really, there's plenty of them here as well, but I haven't picked up enough of them that demand the upgrade immediately. Seriously hoping to see these changes next year.
__________________
Zech Stoker
est. 1983
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by zechstoker View Post
I'd imagine there's plenty of properties in San Diego that would be perfect size for those. Really, there's plenty of them here as well, but I haven't picked up enough of them that demand the upgrade immediately. Seriously hoping to see these changes next year.
I gotchya. It's smart of you to make the purchase only when you truly need it. So nobody mulches over there, huh? Everybody wants their yards bagged?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 AM
zechstoker's Avatar
zechstoker zechstoker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 975
Mulching isn't entirely unheard of here, but bagging seems to be common practice when mowing residential lawns. The only time I see guys mulching here is when they're doing large HOAs and public parks. I think that's just due to the fact that it'd be too much clippings to bag/can/dump.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Florida Gardener's Avatar
Florida Gardener Florida Gardener is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Humid S. Fl. with sights set on San Diego
Posts: 5,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by zechstoker View Post
Mulching isn't entirely unheard of here, but bagging seems to be common practice when mowing residential lawns. The only time I see guys mulching here is when they're doing large HOAs and public parks. I think that's just due to the fact that it'd be too much clippings to bag/can/dump.
Posted via Mobile Device
I mulch year round here...NOBODY bags here.i have never had a customer request it. Have you tried mulching fescue? Is it a pita?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 PM
zechstoker's Avatar
zechstoker zechstoker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 975
Can't say that I have. I've always run the mower with the catcher on, so I'd be the wrong person to ask whether or not mulching fescue is a PITA.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-08-2012, 02:25 AM
zechstoker's Avatar
zechstoker zechstoker is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 975
Not much lawn with this one, but all the bush trimming and weed control makes up for it.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Zech Stoker
est. 1983
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 AM.

Page generated in 0.07296 seconds with 10 queries