Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-26-2011, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

George,
You've been in the business a lonnnnnnng time. How did it take us so long to find you?

Phil
Old 07-26-2011, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Phil,

I've been on Lawnsite for a while, but never too consistent with my visits. I finally made a username and logged in and really started reading posts. You might not have 'found' me till now, but I know many of the guys on here like Solecki and Gambino and Islander, Steve Parrot, and a bunch more.

I think it's interesting that a group of people, from different places, can be brought together to share thoughts and ideas in this very specialized industry that we are in.

When I have time, I will post some of my pictures too.

George
Old 07-30-2011, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Growth from Lawnsite - a better contractor

Hello All,

Everyone knows my experience with growing in the lighting world as I have posted what I have gained from the AOLP and IES. Each group I pay my dues to has helped me grow, but participation is key to what I get back. Tom's comment about Jan, COLD, CLVLT, etc is so accurate. Yes, the CLVLT should be local... but I decided to invest in my business and attend AOLP conference and make the trip. Each year gets better. This year proved it was worth my time away from family and the investment. Each group I participate with provides many added features and benefits, mostly connection to what is new and up to date in design training. Lighting is only possible with sales - and it is important to sell yourself, your design, and your integrity. I have learned a lot on this website from various people on how to improve all those areas. I encourage anyone to participate, take some time from your day, post a little note, and read everyone's input. For everyone on this forum, there are another 20 amazing contractors out there that we do not know about that may never find this forum (mostly because they do not have time). I do not have time but I always gain something from reading. George - glad to have you participating. Talk soon. Tanek Reynolds Lighting Division

What is everyone using for product? (probably should start a new post..or see if anyone is reading this and starts a post themselves)
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Sponsor

I would like to know more about the lighting contractors who participate in this forum and I would also like to know more about those who are less involved but still come here regularly.

1: Who are you? Jaret Larson

2: Where are you from? Chilliwack BC Canada

3: How long in the biz? Thirteen years

4: Individual Specialty? Treating people how I like to be treated! Pretty simple, but a lot of people don't get it in distribution!

5: Largest Job Installed? Working on it now, this house's total end price tag will be 80 mil! Landscape lighting supplied to the contractor should be about $200,000 contractor nets.

6: Most fun you ever had on a job? Every job is fun!

This exercise might be a big bust, or it could help to bring us together a bit more... who knows? It is up to you.

Have a great day.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-15-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

"I would like to know more about the lighting contractors who participate in this forum and I would also like to know more about those who are less involved but still come here regularly."

1: Who are you? Steve Atkinson

2: Where are you from? El Dorado, CA (right in the middle of Gold Country!)

3: How long in the biz? 17 years landscape and lighting contractor, 9 years selling for Nightscaping, now 2 years independent rep selling for Brilliance LED and Simply Automated.

4: Individual Specialty? Good lighting mechanic, but always learning more about the biz, thanks to you all.

5: Largest Job Installed? Worked with my good friend, the late Bill Goddard, on an 80-acre estate in Lodi, CA. This place was fabulous, lighting everywhere, had its own lake, massive water features, expansive landscape, and even its own working RAILROAD. Owner is a train buff and built his own roundhouse and turntable for the layout!

6: Most fun you ever had on a job? Had to be working with Bill. He had another job in Stockton, CA that he won a couple of awards for. The landscape was over $2M, and the client completely trusted him with everything that was not building the house. Wish we all had clients like that!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Time to bump this topic back up to the top of the list. Lots of new voices on the forum lately, how about taking a few moments and introducing yourselves?

As with any such forum there are the obvious regular contributors and a whole host of regular readers.

I would like to know more about the lighting contractors who participate in this forum and I would also like to know more about those who are less involved but still come here regularly.

So, how about a quick Q & A?

1: Who are you?

2: Where are you from?

3: How long in the biz?

4: Individual Specialty?

5: Largest Job Installed?

6: Most fun you ever had on a job?

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There have been a few new posters on the lighting forum lately so it's time to renew James's "roll call" thread. So roll on new posters.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I guess i'll bite, I'm not a business owner, just an employee. An employee who's enthusiastic about his job I guess.

1: Who are you? Rob

2: Where are you from? Long Island, New York

3: How long in the biz? Been working for a landscape lighting company for 4 years.

4: Individual Specialty? hmm, I guess for me supervising jobs making sure they're installed correctly would be my "specialty" but learning about the ever progressing industry and contributing my information to my superiors would be up there also.

5: Largest Job Installed? Working on a job right now that is 237 fixtures, pretty sure it will be the largest I have ever installed.

6: Most fun you ever had on a job? Any job where we get to install any kind of fixtures that are out of the normal "up lights, down lights, path lights" spectrum.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to the forum Rob.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com