Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Duekster Duekster is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 7,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I paid a one time fee of $197 for lawnaid.com. I can have as many clients as I want and I can access the software from any device that has Internet. there are no add ons needed. you get EVERYTHING they have to offer for the price. you can pay monthly as well for $19.99 a month.

this software schedules, estimates, invoices, meetings, expenses, maintenance and more, much more.
GPS, Geo fence and auto log in and out?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM
kirkmbrown2001's Avatar
kirkmbrown2001 kirkmbrown2001 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spring city, pa
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
I paid a one time fee of $197 for lawnaid.com. I can have as many clients as I want and I can access the software from any device that has Internet. there are no add ons needed. you get EVERYTHING they have to offer for the price. you can pay monthly as well for $19.99 a month.

this software schedules, estimates, invoices, meetings, expenses, maintenance and more, much more.
I have used lawnaide before. The problem with them is that it isn't nearly as easy to use as Jobber. The biggest issue. There is ZERO support!! They don't care about your problems or suggestions. (At least when I used them) Jobber, you can actually call them with a question suggestion and they actually listen!
__________________
Kirk Brown
Kirk's Lawn Care


Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-06-2012, 07:57 AM
yardguy28 yardguy28 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
GPS, Geo fence and auto log in and out?
no, no GPS, Geo fence or auto log in and out. but personally i don't use any of those anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
I have used lawnaide before. The problem with them is that it isn't nearly as easy to use as Jobber. The biggest issue. There is ZERO support!! They don't care about your problems or suggestions. (At least when I used them) Jobber, you can actually call them with a question suggestion and they actually listen!
well i find lawnaid pretty darn easy to use. and as far as support goes the one time i needed it, i did get it. i will admit it wasn't the greatest support but it was there. but i haven't needed support since.

as for suggestions. they actually have a place in the program for people to put down there suggestions and everyone else can read them and vote on them and they take the highest voted ones and add those to the program.

i've never had to actually call lawnaid people so i can't speak for calling them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-06-2012, 07:48 PM
McFarland_Lawn_Care's Avatar
McFarland_Lawn_Care McFarland_Lawn_Care is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sedgwick, Maine
Posts: 1,142
Despite Kirk's shameless plugs for jobber, I might actually look into it. There must be a reason why S.A. is so much more expensive but I'm not sure exactly how it is any better. Maybe I'll just call them up and ask why I should pay $150/month when jobber is way less and maybe they can convince me of a few reasons to stay. I love the system but it IS very pricey IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
devinraptor devinraptor is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 78
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM
kirkmbrown2001's Avatar
kirkmbrown2001 kirkmbrown2001 is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: spring city, pa
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
Despite Kirk's shameless plugs for jobber, I might actually look into it. There must be a reason why S.A. is so much more expensive but I'm not sure exactly how it is any better. Maybe I'll just call them up and ask why I should pay $150/month when jobber is way less and maybe they can convince me of a few reasons to stay. I love the system but it IS very pricey IMHO.
I don't know about shameless. I just have been around the billing software block. I used Gopher software (no support or updates), landscapebilling.com (okay software but again, very little support or updates) lawnaide, and many, many other trials. I understand people have different opinions and software needs. I am not a salesman and i'm not saying you must switch to Jobber. All I say is to do some research, take advantage of Jobber's no credit card free trial, and see if it works for you. If it doesn't which it may not, then continue your software search. Explore all avenues and have an open mind, this applies to almost any purchase you make.
__________________
Kirk Brown
Kirk's Lawn Care


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 AM
coolluv coolluv is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,450
Maybe its me but I'm not a monthly payment type guy. I mean I would like to buy the software one time for X and be done with it.

I hate paying monthly fee's or ongoing fee's. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Not saying those programs that require a monthly fee are not worth it, but its just my old school mindset.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:02 PM
jbell36 jbell36 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: KANSAS
Posts: 1,226
i use gopher and am completely satisfied...first of all, their support has always been awesome, the last time i needed them i emailed them hoping to get a prompt response because i was at a computer place trying to switch the program over to my new computer...it was like 7 pm and they emailed me back within minutes, they always have...yes it hasn't been updated since 2006...that's because they got it right the first time...there are very few things i would change about the program and i'm very picky, which is why i don't use quickbooks, it's too general...i am not familiar with the chemical function yet, that is on my list...

one advantage to online programs is they are automatically backed up so you don't have to worry about a crash and losing all of your info...the downside is a costly monthly fee...service autopilot seems awesome, but not for like $1200 a year when we have run a very successful business on a $200 one time fee program...we are well into 6 figures on gross and that's just our maintenance side, gopher has done everything that we need it to...

what i would fix about gopher off the top of my head is a search function...sometimes i will forget a name but remember the address but i won't be able to find them without searching one by one through the customer list...going through hundreds of customers is very tedious and time consuming...it would also be nice to make an app so if i needed to change or add something from the field i could...really, if it worked like iCloud invoicing would be easier than ever with gopher...if you use gopher correctly and set up your daily schedule from the beginning of the season to the end then you could simply tell your scheduling/invoicing software from the field that you completed let's say 17 jobs that day but postponed 1 job (which gopher can already do) then your invoicing is done for that day and you haven't even touched your office...

Last edited by jbell36; 09-16-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:09 PM
seabee24 seabee24 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
Maybe its me but I'm not a monthly payment type guy. I mean I would like to buy the software one time for X and be done with it.

I hate paying monthly fee's or ongoing fee's. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Not saying those programs that require a monthly fee are not worth it, but its just my old school mindset.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
The main difference being that most of the "monthly billed software" are cloud based and most of the ones you buy need to be installed on your computer. I've lost a few p.c. Over te years. Loosing data sucks. I prefure cloud based systems especially with the ability to log into any computer anywhere anytime
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 AM
yardguy28 yardguy28 is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolluv View Post
Maybe its me but I'm not a monthly payment type guy. I mean I would like to buy the software one time for X and be done with it.

I hate paying monthly fee's or ongoing fee's. It just seems like a waste of money to me.

Not saying those programs that require a monthly fee are not worth it, but its just my old school mindset.

I'm stubborn like that.

Dave...
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
The main difference being that most of the "monthly billed software" are cloud based and most of the ones you buy need to be installed on your computer. I've lost a few p.c. Over te years. Loosing data sucks. I prefure cloud based systems especially with the ability to log into any computer anywhere anytime
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm a pay X amount once and be done myself. lawnaid.com is just type.

you can access lawnaid on any pc/tablet/phone/device that has Internet access. you don't install a single thing on your computer.

even with installing programs and switching pc's. it's a no brainer. those programs allow you to back up your info and you install the program on the new pc and restore info. I've never had a problem with switching devices with the old software you installed on the pc.

just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.07043 seconds with 9 queries