Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2012, 01:58 AM
LawnSite Member

don't care

I'm not biased against any nationality or ethnic group, if you know how I can get grass to grow under my giant oaks that would be much appreciated. Thats the problem with people today, their to dam quick to play the racial card, then you can call everbody racist and everone feels sorry for you, aww you poor thing---MAN UP---BE HONEST. No one in this generation had slaves, fought in the civil war, or was involved in any racial movement so forget about all the racist things that happened 100's of years ago and move on. FYI, I'm a strict right wing conservative and hope things can really change or should I say change back in November, get out there and vote if you want to make a difference.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Up here in the North, I haven't even heard about racial strife for years, but since Obummer, Jackson and who's the other preacher, started spouting off about everything being racial, we had gangs of ethnicity going through Fair Grounds beating up whitey, whether they were girls or guys , simply because they were whities... talk about your buzz killers... a county fair,,, what jerks....

Our culture is very few steps away from becoming similar to a feedlot of hungry swine, left w/out food for a week...

I never was prejudiced towards anybody,,, except jerks,,, always hated jerks, no matter what shade their skin was...
Old 09-06-2012, 10:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Ric, i bet all of those people who said that to your daughter would love to know her now...
It is no secret I love to brag about my Daughter, the Beauty with a Brain. She is a Young Professional enjoying the good life. She was in the Bahamas for Labor Day and posted a Dynamite Picture of her Tan on Facebook. But I am not so sure she doesn't get REVERSE Perjury Because she is such a natural Beauty.

Smallaxe

Perjury is never going away until we are all the same Shady of Gray. What do think of when you see a Blond Girl? Skin color isn't the only factor for a perjury, Blond Girls are automatically considered Dumb. Fat people, Tall People Short People and The People of Walmart are all subject to perjury.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

seth,
It is quite simple........If moss is growing under those trees, then redo the area and plant groundcover. If there is less than 20% light and sparse weeds such as violets, oxalis, poison ivy,etc. chances are you won't get grass to grow until you skirt up that tree if possible. The light of the morning sun needs to reach the grass and then some shade in the mid day and then sun in the late afternoon. If there is any other trees within a border of the lawn that is impeding sun shine then do as I suggested above. Have a pH sample performed from your state and see if the area will sustain healthy turf at around 6-7 pH. I have found oaks like pines, the areas are too acidic for turfgrass health. If there is surface rooting, then forget it. If you plan on upbuilding the soil around oaks, they are sensitive to grade changes and will usually decline anywhere from 2-5 years afterwards. So, I wish there was more definite answers to give you other than raising the limbs, checking the pH, fertilizing and possibly thinking about Zoysia sod or ground cover.

Didn't mean to hi-jack your thread with racial biasts............some of these members are old friends and mean well.
This response is from my 23 years of working in this field. I have seen hundreds of failed attempts to start grass around a mature oak, pecan, other such trees, so don't get too discouraged.