Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,193
Does Celsius yellow Zoysia much?

In your experience does Celsius yellow zoysia very bad. I know it does bermuda more so than st aug. Was thinking about a max rate app on a nice zoysia lawn but we are going to have cooler temps which I know will slow the grass down and didn't want to end up with a sick looking lawn for an extended period of time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Think Green's Avatar
Think Green Think Green is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas--Mississippi flood plains
Posts: 2,710
Ar,
What is it up there that requires Celcius??
I haven't used it yet, because what I am having problems with requires Certainty!

I hit preemerge two weeks ago with vessel and coron for uptake........slightly yellowed out both types of grasses. Thank goodness for the Issac rains and the other rain last week.
All week the lawns have grown 45% more than before the storms. Dang!! This week we busted our butts after the holiday!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2012, 02:17 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
Ar,
What is it up there that requires Celcius??
I haven't used it yet, because what I am having problems with requires Certainty!

I hit preemerge two weeks ago with vessel and coron for uptake........slightly yellowed out both types of grasses. Thank goodness for the Issac rains and the other rain last week.
All week the lawns have grown 45% more than before the storms. Dang!! This week we busted our butts after the holiday!!
I have a high end nice zoysia lawn with an area of virginia buttonweed. I have hit with metsulfuron and certainty. Thought I would give it a shot of max rate Celsius but didn't want to yellow it bad and with the upcoming cool weather not being able to outgrow the yellow.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,782
Apply some feet with iron or iron only when applied.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2012, 03:43 PM
cgaengineer's Avatar
cgaengineer cgaengineer is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winder, GA
Posts: 15,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Apply some feet with iron or iron only when applied.
Posted via Mobile Device
Use your feet to apply fert...
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2012, 08:30 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Use your feet to apply fert...
Posted via Mobile Device
No Thanks, I will use the Z Spray. Too lazy to use feet.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Johnagain's Avatar
Johnagain Johnagain is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Altoona, Florida
Posts: 369
Why not use a 3way or straight 2-4-D?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM
ArTurf ArTurf is online now
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ark
Posts: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnagain View Post
Why not use a 3way or straight 2-4-D?
From what I know they are not that effective on buttonweed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.06795 seconds with 9 queries