Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-07-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like rain tonight and tomorrow. We are are having a big birthday party for our daughter and a fire in the evening tomorrow. What a miserable day to have a picnic. My wife wants the yard to look Hollywood, looks like I will be mowing and trimming for 2 hours this evening after going to Costco and dropping a few hundred on food and drinks. I would cancel the whole thing if I could.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Western PA Landscapers!

Hey guys. I hear ya on the rain. I had to skip a bunch of our large commercial accounts/homeowners associations this week. Hopefully it rains tonight like its supposed to. I'm in Virginia for the Penn State game so I won't know when it rains! Anyway, we're trying out a Toro Grandstand for the next week. I really liked it all day yesterday...then today came. Now it's a used mower that was traded in, but they said they fixed any problems. Today the blades kept shutting off on me while I was cutting. The engine doesn't labor at all and is actually very strong. I just wished it didn't give me any problems so soon. Now I have to try to see what's wrong with it on Monday. Hopefully it's something easy because I wanted to use it all next week to determine if we should buy one or not.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What a coincidence. Im in virginia for for thr nascar race
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockmanLawnscape View Post
Hey guys. I hear ya on the rain. I had to skip a bunch of our large commercial accounts/homeowners associations this week. Hopefully it rains tonight like its supposed to. I'm in Virginia for the Penn State game so I won't know when it rains! Anyway, we're trying out a Toro Grandstand for the next week. I really liked it all day yesterday...then today came. Now it's a used mower that was traded in, but they said they fixed any problems. Today the blades kept shutting off on me while I was cutting. The engine doesn't labor at all and is actually very strong. I just wished it didn't give me any problems so soon. Now I have to try to see what's wrong with it on Monday. Hopefully it's something easy because I wanted to use it all next week to determine if we should buy one or not.
I have run one for almost 2 years now. If it is an 09 model run away now. If it is newer then buy it. Toro customer service is useless and dealer support in my area is horrible. If you have a decent dealer it will be worth it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Western PA Landscapers!

Yea it was an 09 model. Had all the updates done, but I was still leaning toward a newer one. If I can find one at a good price then I'll def get a newer one. We have pretty good dealer support, they take care of us since we do so much business with them.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

It's raining.

That is all.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh it sure is, what a storm!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

hey any guys on here re-do a complete lawn? was wondering was a price roughly would be. I was debating if I should continue or get someone else on here with experience?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn2012start View Post
hey any guys on here re-do a complete lawn? was wondering was a price roughly would be. I was debating if I should continue or get someone else on here with experience?
Do you have to pay for a machine to rip out the old lawn?
Do you have to pay to dump what you do rip out?
Do you need to bring in soil?
Are you going to lime & seed? If so, are you using manure or straw and starter?
Are you using lime, starter & sod?

Im guessing If I was renting a machine, ripping everything out, not paying to dump it, bringing in soil and going with sod it would be about $1.50/sq ft
Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Some motherfracker hit and busted my cargo carrier (that I carry my 21" mower on) on the back of my truck while I was in Wendy's taking a leak today. Bastard got out, looked at his own car, got back in, and took off.

A couple people told me what happened when I came out and a young guy came over and gave me the plate and description and his contact info.
Police report filed. I hope the prick gets nailed for hit and run. I don't know how that works, or what the charges would be, but whatever happens, he deserves it. He could have paid $200 for a new cargo carrier and been done with it. I hope his insurance goes through the roof too - if he has any.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Then I cut my friggin finger trying to find a new point to strap my mower down so it wouldn't roll off the broken end.

Tags
n'at!