Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-09-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Commercial Bids... How to bid?

Hello all!

I own a LCO here in Boise, Idaho. I have done my fair share of residential work, but I'm trying to get my company further into commercial work. I have worked on two HOA's and got the accounts because I knew the Presidents.

How does everyone go about bidding on New HOA's and commercial properties? Cold calling? sending a letter letting the person in charge know that your company would like to bid and wait hopelessly for a response?

HELP!

Thanks, Matt
Old 09-10-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

anybody have anything?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Good questions, I've been wondering the same things myself.
50" Toro zero turn
36" John Deere WB
Husqvarna 22" push mower
Echo trimmers,edger and blower
Other misc rakes, shovels etc.

www.fatzlawncare.com
Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is a dirty trick but if one of the units is for sale or rent, call and act like your are interested in purchasing one , this way you can find out what the HOA fees are multiply that by the number of units and you then know how much they can spend.
1978 F-350 Dump Truck
1988 Z-71 Chevy 4x4 Meyers Plow
2005 Chevy HD 2500 6.0
1989 Toyota One ton Flatbed
2013 61" Bad Boy Outlaw XP 36 Vanguard
2013 54" Bad Boy Outlaw Stander Kawasaki
2014 48" Wright Walk Behind
Old 10-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Sponsor

It is usually based on who you know. Also, what helped us over the past 16 years is mowing the majority of lawns in any given subdivision. The more exposure you have in a subdivision the more likely the president and decision makers are going to take notice in the quality of work that you perform. We fee out residential business by using acculawnsystems.com. We were able to spend many hours a week with our truck logos and get exposure. This is how we picked up many HOA. See what the customer will see when receiving a quote. If you do the postcards I would advise you to drive business to you website and give instant online quotes. We did close to 1000 bids and received over 200 new contracts this past spring in just 2 zip codes using postcards and door hangers and instant online quotes. Customers simply type in their address and get a quote in seconds. Then they can sign up right then and there. The best thing is that we did not waste time on manual measurements and did not waste money on fuel. Check out how this is possible at acculawnsystems.com. Furthermore, we are offering this system to only one LCO per area. So once a LCO signs up for the area we will not be able to offer this technology to any other LCO in that area. This is a huge advantage to the LCO that is able to use this method in their area to gain new customers. Also, the LCO will be the only one posted as a provider on acculawncare.com. Check to see if your area is available by going to acculawnsystems.com and reserve your spot today. Also, there is no risk with a free 30 day trial with no obligation.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here ya go bud

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=341624

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 10-13-2012, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123hotdog View Post
This is a dirty trick but if one of the units is for sale or rent, call and act like your are interested in purchasing one , this way you can find out what the HOA fees are multiply that by the number of units and you then know how much they can spend.
That doesn't work at all. I have seen landscape maintenance budgets range from 5% all the way to 28%
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Sponsor

If you do not have a website to drive customers to, that's ok because we give you one when you sign up for acculawnsystems.com. Customers can go directly to your website and get and instant online quote based on you pricing. Only one LCO per area and they are going fast. See if your area is still available and receive a 30 day free trial with no obligation. Acculawnsystems.com and Acculawncare.com.

Tags
bidding , commercial , new accounts , new business , quotes