Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Member

bidding 36 homes in a hoa

Ok im in my first year of lawn care and i am putting in my first bid like this. There is 36 homes and average is 5200 sq ft all drives and sidewalks need edged with an edger bagged ( i have two walkers) fertilized 4 times plus grub controll and of course snow removed. All yards are irregated. I know its a "blind" bid but give me your thoughts
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Figure up what you would charger for one, then multiply that by 36. Then I would more than likely subtract 5-10% since there wouldnt be any drive time. Personally this is not how I would go about bidding it, but not seeing it it is the best I could tell you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bid everything you can think of...3 prunings a year, shrub bed pre-emg, personal gardening for each home, pest control for each home, trash removal.....dont sell your self short just to get it. Before you submit a bid walk the property with person who will be reviewing bid to ensure you are covering everything. Ask a load of questions...

I got a place like that this season....worst thing i could have done. Losing my "A" monthly because of all the "personal" gardening we have to do. Last season the company that was doing it went out of biz and did an awful job. Had people tell me i wouldnt last the season, because they were not going too have another crappy season. Ooo and i have been paying for it!

Good luck...dont lose your ass can out you out of biz quick!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You might have to get a total price then break it down to each unit ,then broke down again to each unit cost per service.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

5-10% under normal wont win it. We do a number of entire neighborhoods and you would be amazed how quickly your guys will move when their is nothing stopping them.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Si far i feal $16 per unit to. mow and $900 per treatment snow ??????
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleC View Post
Bid everything you can think of...3 prunings a year, shrub bed pre-emg, personal gardening for each home, pest control for each home, trash removal.....dont sell your self short just to get it. Before you submit a bid walk the property with person who will be reviewing bid to ensure you are covering everything. Ask a load of questions...

I got a place like that this season....worst thing i could have done. Losing my "A" monthly because of all the "personal" gardening we have to do. Last season the company that was doing it went out of biz and did an awful job. Had people tell me i wouldnt last the season, because they were not going too have another crappy season. Ooo and i have been paying for it!

Good luck...dont lose your ass can out you out of biz quick!
Posted via Mobile Device
Spot on...sounds just like a 66 home HOA I had.

If the HOA is elderly people charge more....
Posted via Mobile Device