Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2012, 08:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasProscapesLLC View Post
Was about 400 difference for the 2' expanded metal sides a little more for the solid 2' walls and I am just not a huge fan of the 4' sides when it comes time to fuel. It turns into a jungle gym act to fuel mowers on the trailer.

As for hand-helds whoever makes the dollars make sense is who's making it on my trailer. I have a fsx110 & fs250 weedeaters and a br350 blower that are 9 years old and haven't had to have them in the shop for any reason. Changed the air filter as needed, replaced a primer bulb and keep shafts greased. Figured that was $250 - $350 each that I have made back and then some with that long of a life. Now have a fc95 edger, br600 blower that make the trek out with us and love them too.

Thanks! Boxes were like $210 a piece. 36" long boxes. Was all I could fit with the crossover already there.

Did you ever send a PM? I can't find where I can send PM. Didn't know if I can receive them or not.
You do have a point on the 4' sides, that didn't even cross my mind.
I bring that up about stihl cause I just had to chunk a little over one year old 600 mag cause it dropped a valve, actually I traded it to someone for some other equip, but still highly disappointing.
I will send a PM, just haven't had time.
How many lawns do you have?
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That's crazy with th 600. Didn't know stihl made something that could be totaled. With it being just a year old, wasn't it in warranty? Who was your dealer?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We currently maintain 10 (quarter to 2 acre yards) and 1 - 10 unit Townhome development. And 1 - 10 acre church campus. That mixed with an average of a $5,000 - $8,000sprinkler system or landscape install per week, I am really pleased with where we are as a brand new company. And really tired. Myself, one full time employee and 2 part time employees. We stay very busy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I might add that I have very good help, but these first few systems have been tough, just having to teach my help as we go. However, my full time is an electrician so that is very handy when it comes to troubleshooting, wiring and dropping plugs for controllers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Drainage Ditch. Repair Wash.

Whipped through this one last friday. Myself and 1 hand. After pictures were taken Tuesday on our maintenance route. Had to stop back by and check over where the pile was where I drove the tractor for any stray rocks. Didn't want a hay-cutter finding them. Before and After. Filled and compacted washes, laid fabric and placed rock on top of that.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now just need to sell some sod or hydromulch.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Few more pictures

1. A yard we perform the mowing maintenance soon to be weed, feed & pest as well. 2 Plan for an upcoming job (was going to post landscape sheet as well, but didn't have luck getting the picture to upload.) 3 & 4. A job we will be starting monday (unless we get delayed by rain tomorrow and Friday). This was installed this past spring. No compost and topsoil. Customer was bid weed barrier. No weed barrier. Also she was bid azaleas. No azaleas and only about 1/2 the amount of plants originally discussed. (Drawings are great. No confusion on plant material etc.)The guys stone work looks pretty good though. 5. St. Augustine decline. Green grass in the middle of the damage is zoysia. (Decline is some "not fun" news to deliver to a homeowner.
Attached Images

Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

A few more Pictures...

Here a few more pictures. A few pictures while we were on the job and the finished pictures of the job in the previous group of photos. Sorry for the harsh light and shadows on the finished pictures. Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2012, 08:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need to get a few pictures of another job we just finished.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Would of liked to be able to do it from the first on that last install. Would of elevated the river birch and had a rough stack boulder wall on the front 3 sides of it.