Originally Posted by Mike Leary
When I heard WA State was considering a low-volt license, I called Labor & Industries to ask "why". He said, "because the idiots overload the transformers and set fire to the mulch because of improper installation".
I have never heard of that happening. I have heard a Par 36 could set pine straw on fire. But I don't know how you can overload a transformer that is hanging on a wall and set the pine straw on fire. Most transformers have breakers or fuses at least every one I have put in. And they are always plugged into a gfi. I guess if you did not wire not the connections they could spark.
They really need to be worried about the homeowners installing lighting more than contractors.