Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

LED Underwater Fixtures - Color Filter Options

One of my large clients has a commercial size water feature at the main entry with existing poor quality lighting.

I already submitted the estimate using the Vista 2115-BSN Brass underwater fixture, but they want to be able to change to a BLUE lens, lamp or filter.

I can only find Home Depot style lights doing a search and EWING / JDL have not been much help. I am going with FX Transformers and would like to use a brass or very high quality fixture.

Any help is appreciated. THX
Old 09-12-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Brilliance LED has dedicated mr-16 color lamps for this purpose. Diode create the colors, not a lens or filter. 3.8w units come in blue, red, green, and amber, as well as warm and cool white. Will fit the fixture you mentioned.

Here is the link: http://www.brillianceled.com/MR-16_3.8.pdf

Also this lamp comes in 15, 30, and 60 degree beam patterns. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Brilliance LED has dedicated mr-16 color lamps for this purpose. High-quality diodes create the colors, not a lens or filter. 3.8w units come in blue, red, green, and amber, as well as warm and cool white. Will fit the fixture you mentioned.

Here is the link: http://www.brillianceled.com/MR-16_3.8.pdf And this lamp comes in 15, 30, and 60 degree beam patterns.

Currently not available through Ewing. JDL and Horizon regularly sell the Brilliance products. Hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

A photo would be a big help here. In my experience 'commercial size' water features are going to require 'commercial size' lighitng fixtures with their correspondingly higher outputs than what most landscape lighting fixture manufacturers offer. Water eats light and by the time you amass a large enough array of smaller fixtures you will probably be at a cost point that is competitive with using the proper size/output fixtures. I can pretty much assure you that the light output from any coloured LED MR16 will be inadequate for a large scale water feature. I would recommend you look to companies like Hydrel and Bronzelite for the right solutions.

www.integralighting.com

www.facebook.com/INTEGRA.Lighting

Affiliations: IESNA, IALD, IDA, AOLP, LO, MBA
Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is basically the main entry waterfall at a Del Webb Community.

The current system was installed 4 years ago and over time the maintenance staff has replaced the poor quality equipment with total junk from HD.

I think I have found the solutions, but will confirm once I get the final details. I did look up Integra's suggestions and that is what I would use if the budget allowed for it. Just getting them to use a professional LED fixture made by a real manufacturer and is not plastic is going to be a struggle. LOL