Register free!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

A question for liquid micro/iron users

I posted this on another thread but haven't gotten much of a response. Yesterday I tried a liquid micro/iron product for the 1st time and could not get it to disolve properly. It was a thick syrup and would not thin out. I even used very hot water. Is this common? Are there any tricks to make this easier?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

ArTurf....the micro package that I use is a liquid form. Is yours granular/powder concentrate? I am just applying to shrubs but from your other post your cost per k would work out to be in the same ball park. The product I use is called Complete. There is also a good liquid with micro package out there called Eagle 6 from plantfoodsystems that is in the same ball park. Hope that helps.

Other than that...try hitting Greendoctor up on a PM. He has proved to be very knowledgeable on the subject and has been kind enough to respond to questions I have had.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:55 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I posted this on another thread but haven't gotten much of a response. Yesterday I tried a liquid micro/iron product for the 1st time and could not get it to disolve properly. It was a thick syrup and would not thin out. I even used very hot water. Is this common? Are there any tricks to make this easier?
You might have a bottle that has gone off. Roots products are often formulated with seaweed extract. When that goes off, it either turns into globs of insoluble material or flakes at the bottom of the bottle.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 09-14-2012, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
You might have a bottle that has gone off. Roots products are often formulated with seaweed extract. When that goes off, it either turns into globs of insoluble material or flakes at the bottom of the bottle.
I talked to the ROOTS rep, he figures it has gone bad. I will be returning it.