Register free!

Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
I am looking forward to it. I pray to God its a cold winter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not me...I hope it's like last winter. Of course, I don't need a break, I need more clients! LOL
Doing some jobs on Singer Island tomorrow....looks like we have until about 1:00pm before the rain kicks in. Really sucks because most of our work down there requires mulching. We're going to start early and hope for the best. Luckily, I have a couple of replanting jobs in Wellington. Maybe that will fill in the afternoon time. I like doing replants in the rain.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMlandscaping View Post
Not me...I hope it's like last winter. Of course, I don't need a break, I need more clients! LOL
Doing some jobs on Singer Island tomorrow....looks like we have until about 1:00pm before the rain kicks in. Really sucks because most of our work down there requires mulching. We're going to start early and hope for the best. Luckily, I have a couple of replanting jobs in Wellington. Maybe that will fill in the afternoon time. I like doing replants in the rain.
What hood on singer island? Nice homes?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
What hood on singer island? Nice homes?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, nice area. Not many homes under a half a mil. Mainly Palm Beach Isles right now, but there are some areas we're scouring south of BHB. We've only hit the north side so far, but there are a lot of crappy crews working out there.
A lot of the residents only come down from Nov. through April, and think their op is taking care of their properties. Most of them are taking their money but not producing.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, I drove through the area near sailfish marina and the work sucks, but the question is are people willing to pay for quality. Might be a lot of cheapos. I personally didnt see many really nice homes that are worth taking care of...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh and I know where your talking about south of Bhb near the water. Again, might be people unwilling to pay for quality. I saw homes in that area though that would be great to pick up, but I don't think so much on singer island. Looked like a lot of $150-$250/mon max
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Oh and I know where your talking about south of Bhb near the water. Again, might be people unwilling to pay for quality. I saw homes in that area though that would be great to pick up, but I don't think so much on singer island. Looked like a lot of $150-$250/mon max
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, there are those, but there are also a lot of people in that area that aren't afraid of the dollar amount as long as their place looks nice. There are "cheapo's" everywhere, and considering our economic situation, I suppose it's understandable. Your price ranges are pretty close, but when you can knock out 12-14 per day, there's a little money there. None of the lots are very large. The toughest part is that most of them back up to the water, and you have to be careful on those slopes at waters edge. Otherwise, they are pretty much quickies. You have to remember that unlike you, we can't be too picky right now. We just need to get clients that are happy and will talk to other potential clients.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Yes, there are those, but there are also a lot of people in that area that aren't afraid of the dollar amount as long as their place looks nice. There are "cheapo's" everywhere, and considering our economic situation, I suppose it's understandable. Your price ranges are pretty close, but when you can knock out 12-14 per day, there's a little money there. None of the lots are very large. The toughest part is that most of them back up to the water, and you have to be careful on those slopes at waters edge. Otherwise, they are pretty much quickies. You have to remember that unlike you, we can't be too picky right now. We just need to get clients that are happy and will talk to other potential clients.
I hear you. I want more work too. I really only want to pick up $300/mo and up minimum. Anything less than that and you are then trying to do volume, which I don't want. I do have one account in Jupiter that's $180/mo, but it's EOW. No grass, only landscaping. That is probably the only neighborhood I want more work that is in that price range cause the homes are easy and very little grass if any. Problem is, lots of shoddy companies that work cheap. Most of the people are seasonal in there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I hear you. I want more work too. I really only want to pick up $300/mo and up minimum. Anything less than that and you are then trying to do volume, which I don't want. I do have one account in Jupiter that's $180/mo, but it's EOW. No grass, only landscaping. That is probably the only neighborhood I want more work that is in that price range cause the homes are easy and very little grass if any. Problem is, lots of shoddy companies that work cheap. Most of the people are seasonal in there.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree. The $300 and plus per month are the ones to get, but I'm just not finding many down here. The one you have in Jupiter is probably a good profit, but how far do you drive to do just that one job? That's what we're struggling with. I'm driving from Royal Palm to do the work on singer island, and just today I had a potential client call from Boca. I can't afford to spread out like that, or my fuel and traveling expenses will eat up any profit. I'm working hard with a couple of HOA's in the Wellington/Royal Palm area and they are right in my backyard. If I can get those, and do a couple of "one dayers" with some driving time, I'll be OK for now. I'll tell you, compared with central FL, the market is tough down here! I'm learning that the hard way.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I agree. The $300 and plus per month are the ones to get, but I'm just not finding many down here. The one you have in Jupiter is probably a good profit, but how far do you drive to do just that one job? That's what we're struggling with. I'm driving from Royal Palm to do the work on singer island, and just today I had a potential client call from Boca. I can't afford to spread out like that, or my fuel and traveling expenses will eat up any profit. I'm working hard with a couple of HOA's in the Wellington/Royal Palm area and they are right in my backyard. If I can get those, and do a couple of "one dayers" with some driving time, I'll be OK for now. I'll tell you, compared with central FL, the market is tough down here! I'm learning that the hard way.
I live 5 minutes from that house....yea, drive time is a killer, but sometimes you have to do it cause the accounts are worth it. If you can line up a good amount of work in west Boca, you should def go there. It is one high-end hood after the other. If you are ever near clintmoore rd, head west towards 441 and you will see. There are also nice hoods off 441 b/t Atlantic and clintmoore. Idk, central Florida seems tougher. Plus, they don't really have any estates up there....lots here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-18-2012, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I live 5 minutes from that house....yea, drive time is a killer, but sometimes you have to do it cause the accounts are worth it. If you can line up a good amount of work in west Boca, you should def go there. It is one high-end hood after the other. If you are ever near clintmoore rd, head west towards 441 and you will see. There are also nice hoods off 441 b/t Atlantic and clintmoore. Idk, central Florida seems tougher. Plus, they don't really have any estates up there....lots here.
Posted via Mobile Device

OK, that's like me doing jobs in Wellington. 5 minutes away. That's where the money is. I know Boca has a lot of nice stuff out west but this one was more east and from the satellite image, probably a $120 per. mo. job max. It's about 50 minutes drive time each way. Out west though, I'd take one just to get my foot in the neighborhood. Lots of money out there.
Yeah, not a lot of huge estates up central, but I'm talking west central. Lots of golf course communities with nice town houses. HOA's that don't include lawn maintenance. That's where our other company is making their money. They can knock out 10 per hour at $25 per pop. Good money. Down here, most of those are paid by the HOA, and those contracts are hard to get.