Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

NICE!

Slap on <slap-slap> slap off, slap on slap off- The slapper.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

how about a $1.50 bungee cord - wrapped around the entire barrel - instead of "slapon".... "hookAround"

sorry, I couldn't help myself
Old 09-18-2012, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacraft18 View Post
how about a $1.50 bungee cord - wrapped around the entire barrel - instead of "slapon".... "hookAround"

sorry, I couldn't help myself
You must have stolen the idea from the guy that posted the same thing on the other thread.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I think your product might interest the homeowner and maybe a few LCO's but it's not what most companies in this industry would use. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but it is an honest opinion.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagguy View Post
I think your product might interest the homeowner and maybe a few LCO's but it's not what most companies in this industry would use. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but it is an honest opinion.
I respect everyone's opinion, and opinions can vary depending on how certain LCO's may do business. What may not seem a tool that can be of benefit to you, may be of benefit to others. Based on the feedback on the thread where most of the discussion has taken place, http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079, there seems to be a fair amount of interest from the LCO's. Actually, some that did not initially see the benefit have come around to where they now see how they may use the product in their work environment and benefit from it. Thanks for your imput.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
You must have stolen the idea from the guy that posted the same thing on the other thread.
actually... I got that idea from the wife, that is how she keeps the Kitchen trash bags in place. I didn't know what you meant referring to the "other" thread, so I browsed thru it. To get around the bag not fully expanding because air is trapped in by the bungee cord.... simple only capture the top third of the bag with the cord.

I didn't mean to come accross as mocking your product, I hope you do well with sales.

Last edited by seacraft18; 09-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
actually... I got that idea from the wife, that is how she keeps the Kitchen trash bags in place
Well, if you are interested, I have posted some arguments on the other thread, http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079, why using a bungee cord does not work as well for receptacles to bag leaves. Most of that discussion takes place with the first three pages of the thread. Thanks, Eric
Old 09-19-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapon View Post
Well, if you are interested, I have posted some arguments on the other thread, http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=386079, why using a bungee cord does not work as well for receptacles to bag leaves. Most of that discussion takes place with the first three pages of the thread. Thanks, Eric
bungee cord works on round and square containers, also don't catch entire bag with cord, only catch 1/3 of it.... anyways, whatever works... works
Old 09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
bungee cord works on round and square containers, also don't catch entire bag with cord, only catch 1/3 of it.... anyways, whatever works... works
Fair enough. Thanks for your imput. It is appreciated. Take care.