Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #191  
Old 09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,760
I like how he "removed" the guard on the top trimmer LOL.
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCC LAWN CARE View Post
I like how he "removed" the guard on the top trimmer LOL.
Guess that makes him osha legal right. Good to hear from you
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 10-07-2012, 09:29 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
The turf tiger died just as I unloaded it from trailer. Wouldn't turn over at all. Hooked battery backup nothing. Then checked fuses and one was blown. Put new one in and nothing. So I started down the interlocks. Turned out to be interlock on the left control handle. I always keep the little piece of irrigation wire in tool box. Put that in and rolled on.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:00 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
Well our Ultra is having a rocky road this is the second time it has been in the shop in the first 300 hours. First it was leaking fluid from both hydro connections. This time both wheel motor went out. They felt like you was driving over bumps as you drove along. Decided to have the turf tiger hydro oil changed out. This is the second scag we have had hydro problems. The tiger cub had two pumps go out and then both wheel motors.
Attached Images
     
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Mikegyver Mikegyver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Longview TX
Posts: 1,760
Hydro oil on most Zs is cheap and easy to change out. I am using castor 20w50 in all of mine. I'm tempted to start running 10w30 in my hydro system cause I'm hearing of others doing it with good results.
__________________
Scag, Exmark, Honda, Shindaiwa, Redmax. Commercial and residential Lawncare, Irrigation (LI and BPAT), and Landscaping. Fully insured.
Mikegyver Pics Thread
Quote:
People pay you to hold their hand. If you don't like doing it, then you are in the wrong business.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegyver View Post
Hydro oil on most Zs is cheap and easy to change out. I am using castor 20w50 in all of mine. I'm tempted to start running 10w30 in my hydro system cause I'm hearing of others doing it with good results.
I think you might look at a sythenic like Schaeffer 15W40.....I believe the oil is defintitely not holding up. I usually don't pay much attention to the hydro except during the winter and then I change all of them.
Well I was told this Ultra needed to be changed at 250 hrs.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 10-10-2012, 10:10 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
These people who ride along on major streets where traffic is moving at 50 is just looking for problems. This guy got hit at the entrance to our subdivision. This road is three lanes and heavy traffic all the time.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:11 PM
alexschultz1's Avatar
alexschultz1 alexschultz1 is online now
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: north of atlanta
Posts: 1,140
I've been riding for years and I refuse to go onto any non-country or bike friendly road. At first I was cocky and would ride where ever I wanted, but a after few very close calls and some garbage being tossed at me I learned my lesson. It's always funny to see people's reaction when I yell at them to get off the road and as I drive away they see a "share the road" bumper sticker and my century ride badge.

The bike might have the right of way but the car wins 100% of the time
__________________

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:19 PM
PlantscapeSolutions's Avatar
PlantscapeSolutions PlantscapeSolutions is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Buda,Texas
Posts: 2,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I think you might look at a sythenic like Schaeffer 15W40.....I believe the oil is defintitely not holding up. I usually don't pay much attention to the hydro except during the winter and then I change all of them.
Well I was told this Ultra needed to be changed at 250 hrs.
I use Jim's Schaeffer oil in my Diesel trucks but you really need to Mobil 1 for the hydro's. I use the Mobile on in the engines as well. It easier to just use the same quality oil in everything.

You said Ultra but I think you meant V-Ride. They had an issue with original hydro fittings leaking after 200+/- hours. The replacement fittings are better. I have almost 800 hours on my V-Ride 36 with no other problems. If you take that big pad off the V-ride it will allow you to hang the debris bag better.

You can ditch the pad, the small fold down operator platform, and the weights under the front deck and reduce your weight by about 80+ pounds. Once you remove the giant pad it allows your operator to stand further forward over the tires and makes the mower more stable. Mowing hillsides is much easier with all the stuff removed.

Scag may have made the V-Ride but I made it even better. I also did some minor grinding and put 32% wider tires on my V-Ride 36. The factory tires were too skinny and Scag really deserves some grief for ever selling such a heavy mower with skinny tires on it.
__________________
Market- Austin Texas Area
Employees- 3
Sales $300K+

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
ed2hess's Avatar
ed2hess ed2hess is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Austin Texas 78727
Posts: 10,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I use Jim's Schaeffer oil in my Diesel trucks but you really need to Mobil 1 for the hydro's. I use the Mobile on in the engines as well. It easier to just use the same quality oil in everything.

You said Ultra but I think you meant V-Ride. They had an issue with original hydro fittings leaking after 200+/- hours. The replacement fittings are better. I have almost 800 hours on my V-Ride 36 with no other problems. If you take that big pad off the V-ride it will allow you to hang the debris bag better.

You can ditch the pad, the small fold down operator platform, and the weights under the front deck and reduce your weight by about 80+ pounds. Once you remove the giant pad it allows your operator to stand further forward over the tires and makes the mower more stable. Mowing hillsides is much easier with all the stuff removed.

Scag may have made the V-Ride but I made it even better. I also did some minor grinding and put 32% wider tires on my V-Ride 36. The factory tires were too skinny and Scag really deserves some grief for ever selling such a heavy mower with skinny tires on it.
Might just have to make those changes we are considering putting propane on ours. It is a 48" unit. If we get our use up we can get delivery and lower prices beyond the $1.80
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.08921 seconds with 10 queries