Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2012, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolc5150 View Post
You know, every business's situation is defferent. Whether it be a co. in bus. for 20yrs and 5 crews or dba. I know some guys who are dba's and go in the summer and some in the winter.
I've been in bus. for 17+ yrs now and I used to take the wife and kids in the summer because of school breaks, but now, kids are gone and the wife and I can wait till late fall or winter. We used to take weekends and camp but im selling it now to be able to afford a better trip with the wife with only a few small things left to do before turkey day..

Remember this, have fun, relax, and most of all try not to feel guilty for being gone.

My .02
Exactly man, wife and kids is why Im taking it in the summer. You know what, no guilt here! I work damn hard, essentially 2 jobs and this vacation was much deserved. Loved every minute of it and made some memories too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneLawn&Landscaping View Post
I sorta do the same. A family vacation at the end of July and one for my wife and I the second week of Oct. Work more before and after and all works out. The only comments I get from customers are enjoy yourself and relax! Life is too short not to enjoy your family.
Truer words couln't have been spoken (about life being too short and enjoying family)

All my customers said have a great time and when I got back I was asked about the vacation. No complaints at all. Im not a huge operation either so maybe its different for me versus others who said don't do it or who don't leave in the summer.