Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-07-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nparish View Post
Usually they come and drop off about 5 backhoes with snow dozers in October. No need for em last year. My boss was tossing around the idea of sending me to Manhattan in October for a week to get certified as a Kansas Arborist. I miss working on a larger scale operation. I worked as a grounds crew for a 500 acre campus and there was always projects. Here at the mall it's alot of "piddling around". Bigger jobs usually go to Epic Landscape Productions. Those guys do good work.
Yea KAA is full of fun guys to chat with, thankfully my Arboriculture class will qualify my to automatically recieve my KAA certification. Does K&W use any trucks or skids? What does true north use? What place did you work at that had 500 acres? Epic is okay but they don't give a sh!t about residential at all.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i ******* hate epic...the biggest low balling company around...they insist on driving to Lawrence to mow properties that are underbid...i wouldn't touch a property for the price that they are doing it for and i don't have any drive time...they just come in, unload their illegal mexicans and start a long day of terrible work...now signature is coming in too...they both underbid each other...i can't see why it's worth it, there honestly is very little profit...that's too much of a headache with all the complaints that i'm sure they get for that little of a profit
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

If anyone needs some one to sub residential to in the northland I'm your guy. From parkville to liberty and in between. I know alot of guys don't really do much of it so I have made that my thing. I don't use a truck & plow. I get driveways clean.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any irrigation installers around?
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah, Whats up? I have done a few, might not say im a pro at it but i know whats up.
Integrated Erosion Control and Storm Management

And I'm 18...
Old 09-12-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got someone... thank you
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If you need irrigation let me know.

913-825-4353 John

My tech has 20 years in the business. Full installs to repairs.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here from Lee's Summit, doing this part time, company is Cuts Up Lawn Care mainly serving residential if anyone needs help. pm me if you need anything I'm usually available, didn't take on too many customers this year due to getting married earlier this spring and having alot going on, then with the drought it kinda wiped out mowing. I only do it afternoons/weekends because i enjoy it and a little extra cash to boot is nice. pm me if you need anything, willing to help out anyone that needs it.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys just heard that Arnolds on Overland Park will be closed for good next Saturday!!!! I've really enjoyed Curtis, carol and all of the staff that ultimately help make my company what is is today and what it will be for the future. So now I guess I've gotta move on and just go to smittys in Olathe for parts now, when It only would of taken me 15 minutes to go to Overland park will now take 30-45 minutes. anyways just thought I'd put that out there so say good bye to them before they retire/close for good.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
Hey guys just heard that Arnolds on Overland Park will be closed for good next Saturday!!!! I've really enjoyed Curtis, carol and all of the staff that ultimately help make my company what is is today and what it will be for the future. So now I guess I've gotta move on and just go to smittys in Olathe for parts now, when It only would of taken me 15 minutes to go to Overland park will now take 30-45 minutes. anyways just thought I'd put that out there so say good bye to them before they retire/close for good.
why are they closing?