Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-02-2012, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Turfco could have had a less expensive machine by skipping the front wheel drive because that feature is about worthless. If the machine is not perfectly level then the wheel that's just slightly off the ground will spin while your just standing still there like a dummy. Maybe there's too much air in the tires. Many times I pull the hydro release rod & just push it where im going or else you are trying to move an engaged hydro which is tough.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-03-2012, 12:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
Turfco could have had a less expensive machine by skipping the front wheel drive because that feature is about worthless. If the machine is not perfectly level then the wheel that's just slightly off the ground will spin while your just standing still there like a dummy. Maybe there's too much air in the tires. Many times I pull the hydro release rod & just push it where im going or else you are trying to move an engaged hydro which is tough.
Posted via Mobile Device
There is the same issue with the Lawn Solutions. I have found in these situations, which is most of the time, and when going up a ramp, that it helps to lift up on the bottom of the handles. This pushes the front wheels down giving them more traction. It isn't perfect, but it's better.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoxtrot9 View Post
There is the same issue with the Lawn Solutions. I have found in these situations, which is most of the time, and when going up a ramp, that it helps to lift up on the bottom of the handles. This pushes the front wheels down giving them more traction. It isn't perfect, but it's better.
Exactly. ALWAYS hold up on the tine depth bail bar when loading or unloading this machine on a ramped trailer. #1 it will give the front end more weight and will pull the machine right up the ramp. #2 it will keep the bail from dropping down on you when loading/unloading, causing tine damage to wood flooring in the process.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 09-22-2012, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

What I'm doing is putting a piece of extra plywood down on the trailer floor so it don't get all gouged out.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
What I'm doing is putting a piece of extra plywood down on the trailer floor so it don't get all gouged out.
good idea, my z plugger is killing my deck, and so is my lawn solutions....
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I can relate my experience with the turfco xt5. It sucked. I received my new machine with a shredded belt and a pulley installed upside down, I also had a master link installed incorrectly that caused a broken chain and some serious downtime. These problems resulted in two trips to the mechanic and some serious frustration with an expensive machine that didnt work straight from the company. It also has design flaws with the transport mode. You might as well expect to push it at least half the time on concrete, and the loading ramps. I got the briggs motor and there is no primer, and yes this sucks on cold mornings. I live in Nebraska and fall mornings are cold, and this machine is tough to start. I have observed that my bluebird pulls a better plug as well. I can't tell you what machine is the best, but I can tell you turfco xt5 has issues to address. The customer service left me upset as well.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtine:) View Post
I can relate my experience with the turfco xt5. It sucked. I received my new machine with a shredded belt and a pulley installed upside down, I also had a master link installed incorrectly that caused a broken chain and some serious downtime. These problems resulted in two trips to the mechanic and some serious frustration with an expensive machine that didnt work straight from the company. It also has design flaws with the transport mode. You might as well expect to push it at least half the time on concrete, and the loading ramps. I got the briggs motor and there is no primer, and yes this sucks on cold mornings. I live in Nebraska and fall mornings are cold, and this machine is tough to start. I have observed that my bluebird pulls a better plug as well. I can't tell you what machine is the best, but I can tell you turfco xt5 has issues to address. The customer service left me upset as well.
Really?
For one thing, the Briggs motor is VERY easy to start even when cold - and its colder here than it is in huskerland. Two pulls at most every time my machine has started and I am still aerating as of today. Machine will also pull 2" plugs easy without weights in moderately moist soils. A little more with the weights in.
If I were you I would contact Bob on here, something is amiss with your machine, your experience isn't representative of the XT5 performance at all.
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Really?
For one thing, the Briggs motor is VERY easy to start even when cold - and its colder here than it is in huskerland. Two pulls at most every time my machine has started and I am still aerating as of today. Machine will also pull 2" plugs easy without weights in moderately moist soils. A little more with the weights in.
If I were you I would contact Bob on here, something is amiss with your machine, your experience isn't representative of the XT5 performance at all.
I also have had no issues with starting the B&S engine. I also have not had any issues with Turfco's customer service. Their response times have been excellent to any questions I've had. Considering the poster has only made 2 posts on this site, and both of them were to bash Turfco, I am very hesitant to believe what was posted.

Truck
Trailer
Walk-Behind Mower
Self-Propelled Mower
String Trimmer
Edger
Hedge Trimmer
Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Blower
Chain Saw
Gas Can
Tool Box
Misc. Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Kennc38 I would like to know why you are very hesitant to believe me? Have I given some reason for you to doubt me? I don't know why the fact of my only posting 2 times on this site has to make my statements less credible. I had a dealing with Turfco that so far has not made me happy, and I have posted accordingly. Perhaps I should make an assumption, like you have, and say that usually a liar is the one that has the toughest time believing someone else. I have a video that shows me trying to start my Turfco xt 5. I pulled 25 times and it did not start, and this was in 45 degree weather. I will try and get it posted after I contact Turfco and see what they want to do about it. I have found that I would rather give someone the benefit of the doubt, so I will believe that today wasn't you at your best. Sincerely Chad
Old 11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtine:) View Post
Kennc38 I would like to know why you are very hesitant to believe me? Have I given some reason for you to doubt me? I don't know why the fact of my only posting 2 times on this site has to make my statements less credible. I had a dealing with Turfco that so far has not made me happy, and I have posted accordingly. Perhaps I should make an assumption, like you have, and say that usually a liar is the one that has the toughest time believing someone else. I have a video that shows me trying to start my Turfco xt 5. I pulled 25 times and it did not start, and this was in 45 degree weather. I will try and get it posted after I contact Turfco and see what they want to do about it. I have found that I would rather give someone the benefit of the doubt, so I will believe that today wasn't you at your best. Sincerely Chad
Sorry, but my opinion was based on several things:
1. You made not one, but two posts slamming a product and the company who makes it. Not sure why you chose to post about it twice, but to me, just a little strange.
2. These were your first and only two posts on this forum. It's been my experience on this forum and others like it, that most of the time, this is an indication of a competitor slamming the competition or someone who just wants to stir up trouble.
3. Your experience is not indicative of the other product and company reviews I've seen for the XT5 and Turfco. This isn't to say they couldn't have had a bad day during manufacturing, but it's not what I've seen from others who have bought the XT5 nor has it been my personal experience with either.
4. You wanted to not only be reimbursed for the cost of repairing the equipment, but you also wanted to be reimbursed for your fuel. Again, just sounds like somebody who wants something for free as for me personally, I wouldn't have expected to be reimbursed for my fuel, but to each his/her own.
5. You stated you couldn't start your XT5, which again is not indicative of the reviews I've read or my personal experience, so maybe it was operator error or you just weren't at your best that day?

I can neither prove or disprove your experiences with your XT5 or Turfco, but once again this is just my opinion that your post was to say the least a little "fishy". If I am in error, then I completely apologize and wish you the best in working out the issues with Turfco and your XT5. As another person posted, I suggest you contact Bob with Turfco that frequents this forum. Good luck.

Truck
Trailer
Walk-Behind Mower
Self-Propelled Mower
String Trimmer
Edger
Hedge Trimmer
Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Blower
Chain Saw
Gas Can
Tool Box