Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-21-2012, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, it's been 3 weeks today and it's still sitting at the dealer. They had it all put back together on Wed. Then had to take it back apart now waiting on parts again. They are saying we should have it back Mon. We shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2012, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Well, it's been 3 weeks today and it's still sitting at the dealer. They had it all put back together on Wed. Then had to take it back apart now waiting on parts again. They are saying we should have it back Mon. We shall see.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is a load of crap. I brought my hydrocut to the dealer for a warranty repair and had it back in 3 days. This shop also deals with a lot of companies...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Another guy I know has his Ferris in there for repair, they have had his for 5 weeks. He bought a new Gravely, said he is selling the Ferris when he gets it back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Another guy I know has his Ferris in there for repair, they have had his for 5 weeks. He bought a new Gravely, said he is selling the Ferris when he gets it back.
Posted via Mobile Device
That shop sucks...you need to find another one. My buddy had to bring his mower back to the same shop 3 times for the same problems...their excuse was they were busy and only one guy works on the equipment. Sorry, but that is not anyone's fault except for the shop. It's annoying when some people on this board say support your local shop, buy from them. Why? They don't even do repairs in a timely manner....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2012, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
That shop sucks...you need to find another one. My buddy had to bring his mower back to the same shop 3 times for the same problems...their excuse was they were busy and only one guy works on the equipment. Sorry, but that is not anyone's fault except for the shop. It's annoying when some people on this board say support your local shop, buy from them. Why? They don't even do repairs in a timely manner....
Posted via Mobile Device
My theory is to support the dealer that gives me the best service, and I am very fortunate that Whitley Power Equipment in Monroe, NC (family owned) is that kind of dealer.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:47 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
My theory is to support the dealer that gives me the best service, and I am very fortunate that Whitley Power Equipment in Monroe, NC (family owned) is that kind of dealer.
I would support that too. I'm unwilling to support a business that doesn't care about its customers. That's the reason anyone is in business in the first place.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, after 4 weeks we have it back. Now next week we plan to take it to a another dealer to get it fixed right.

Belt came off on second lawn after picking it up. Today the battery was dead because they didn't tighten the connection.
Posted via Mobile Device