Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
why are they closing?
Curtis is getting to old and wants to travel more with his wife, Also since nobody would give him his asking price for selling the store he just decided to go this way. Still pretty bumed out since arnolds is one of the main reasons why i went into business and I'll really miss them.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
Hey guys just heard that Arnolds on Overland Park will be closed for good next Saturday!!!! I've really enjoyed Curtis, carol and all of the staff that ultimately help make my company what is is today and what it will be for the future. So now I guess I've gotta move on and just go to smittys in Olathe for parts now, when It only would of taken me 15 minutes to go to Overland park will now take 30-45 minutes. anyways just thought I'd put that out there so say good bye to them before they retire/close for good.
Is that as in closing in 3 days? Were they having any deals on equipment that you saw of when you where there?? Kinda a shame as smittys has always treated me like crap...
Old 09-21-2012, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i used to work with his grandson adam a few years ago, i was gonna buy my mower there but they didn't have what i was looking for
Old 09-21-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerlawn View Post
Is that as in closing in 3 days? Were they having any deals on equipment that you saw of when you where there?? Kinda a shame as smittys has always treated me like crap...
There closing for good next Saturday which would be the 29th of September, who do you deal with at Smittys? Richard and Ian have been the guys i only buy from there....and free kolndike bars don't hurt either! Arnolds is selling all of his remaining equipment for 20-50% off.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Would Belton be closer ? Lumaxpower.com
Old 09-23-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
There closing for good next Saturday which would be the 29th of September, who do you deal with at Smittys? Richard and Ian have been the guys i only buy from there....and free kolndike bars don't hurt either! Arnolds is selling all of his remaining equipment for 20-50% off.
The old lady that does used to work at the repair desk was always rude to me and my guys. Not sure if she still even works there. I mean the other guys are always nice, it just seems that every time I order a part it takes 3 times as long to get it in than what they told me it would take. For instance I went in there one more and needed a new loader tube for our billy goat leaf vac. They said they had a truck on its way over to Lee summit to pick up other parts and promised I would have it later that afternoon. Finally after 3 WEEKS of calling / leaving messages it showed up. It seems they never have any of the parts I need in stock and always have to order them.

But agreed on the free kolndike bars..
Old 09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
The old lady that does used to work at the repair desk was always rude to me and my guys. Not sure if she still even works there. I mean the other guys are always nice, it just seems that every time I order a part it takes 3 times as long to get it in than what they told me it would take. For instance I went in there one more and needed a new loader tube for our billy goat leaf vac. They said they had a truck on its way over to Lee summit to pick up other parts and promised I would have it later that afternoon. Finally after 3 WEEKS of calling / leaving messages it showed up. It seems they never have any of the parts I need in stock and always have to order them.

But agreed on the free kolndike bars..
I see what your getting at with that, I bought a new Toro 21'' pro-line to replace my other mower that broke. It kept stalling on me and it was almost to the point were they were accusing me of trying to **** up my warrenty just so i wouldn't have to pay for repairs. Everytime i got it back to mow a gated lawn it would just do the same thing stutter and die, I wouldn't be able to start it or anything. So that routine of it not starting and driving over to Arnolds got pretty frustrating, finally it ended up being a bad gas cap and a lot of lost time, frayed nerves and more. Curtis and Carol(the old lady you described) there nice but sometimes i think they favor some people versus others.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I see what your getting at with that, I bought a new Toro 21'' pro-line to replace my other mower that broke. It kept stalling on me and it was almost to the point were they were accusing me of trying to **** up my warrenty just so i wouldn't have to pay for repairs. Everytime i got it back to mow a gated lawn it would just do the same thing stutter and die, I wouldn't be able to start it or anything. So that routine of it not starting and driving over to Arnolds got pretty frustrating, finally it ended up being a bad gas cap and a lot of lost time, frayed nerves and more. Curtis and Carol(the old lady you described) there nice but sometimes i think they favor some people versus others.
I was talking about the people over at smittys haha I've never ever had a problem with anyone at arnolds. Hell they've always gladly worked on my exmark and hustler equipment even though they say they only service brands they sell. I was over at arnolds on saturday and they've only got a few standers left if anyone was looking to purchase a brand new unit... All of the shop equipment will be auctioned off next April for anyone that is interested.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I was talking about the people over at smittys haha I've never ever had a problem with anyone at arnolds. Hell they've always gladly worked on my exmark and hustler equipment even though they say they only service brands they sell. I was over at arnolds on saturday and they've only got a few standers left if anyone was looking to purchase a brand new unit... All of the shop equipment will be auctioned off next April for anyone that is interested.
Ok I gotcha other than that incident I've never had one problem with them, Is everything else gone then? He used to have some real old school stuff in the shop and I'll really miss these guys.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How much longer is everybody planning on doing fall renovations. I am going to be done by Monday at the latest debating if anybody calls before then.