Register free!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
This kid spent 72k on a dodge 3500 from a dealership. I didn't even know that was possible. Then he works out of the thing. and it sounds like he makes his workers follow him around to jobsites because he doesn't want them dirtying up his truck. Unbelieveable.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=368813
WOW is all I have to say I am speechless..... That kid needs his head checked
Old 09-23-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Any descent new pickup with all the fixins runs at least 72k, my pickup listed 83k but I had a good deal on it. I also don't want my dirty employees in it either. Of course I could of spent 20k less but it wouldn't of been what I wanted.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
Any descent new pickup with all the fixins runs at least 72k, my pickup listed 83k but I had a good deal on it. I also don't want my dirty employees in it either. Of course I could of spent 20k less but it wouldn't of been what I wanted.
Is that 72K Canadian? Any truck around here loaded wouldn't be 72K. I just looked at diesel duallies (Dodge) the other day and they were 58K loaded.
Steve
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its one thing for a seasoned, veteran contractor that's been in business for over 10 years to spend money on big ticket items.

But another for someone thats been in business only 3-7 yrs to spend.

There is another internet forum, "The Premier Site", and all 3 of the partners that started and manage the site.....are no longer in business.

All these new guys are doing is working for the banks. I've been there and done that.

I could never spend more than 20k for a pick up. And no more than $50k for a med duty dump truck. My heart is in other things in my life - like projects at home, Carribean vacations, and my kid. I pay cash for all those things, I dont even own a credit card. If I bought big ticket items for the biz, we would not have what we have and the collectors would be ringing my phone from sun-up to sunset!

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedosix View Post
Well i just cant set that much cash on fire. My little 2010 tacoma i bought for 14k with 20k miles does me just fine. And it keeps me from doing any real work and focused on running the business. I actually prefer it over my last loaded 2500 duramax.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I guess if you have the money and want it that's great . You've probably heard this before , the number one item you should never buy new is a vehicle. .I shop for everything used, in good shape first before I buy new. If your patient you can find what your looking for. I have a shop filled with all kinds of tools but don't have alot invested. I own 5 skid steers and only have about 70K into them whereas I know guys buying skids for 50K plus each.
Steve
Old 09-23-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Many so called "men" are simply ignorant when it comes to trucks and machinery. They don't know what to look for when lookin at used. They don't know how to work on the stuff. So they buy new. But they probably surely know how to select curtains for their house.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem3d View Post
Is that 72K Canadian? Any truck around here loaded wouldn't be 72K. I just looked at diesel duallies (Dodge) the other day and they were 58K loaded.
Steve
Our trucks and cars are overpriced compared to the states, considering our dollar has been on par and over par for quite some time it really doesn't make sense. Up here you would be lucky to find any diesel for under 60k unless it had very few options.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wasn't being critical ..just figured you might have meant Canadian..YIKES !!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Me personally i bought 1st truck brand spankin new n honestly wld i ever do it again hell no. It sucked makimg that payment everymonthugghhh. 2nd n third were bought used bought fords w the 7.3 diesels n they run better then the new trucks. Dingos were bought used, trailers new cause tbey were almost the same price. I used to b skeptical on buying used but if u kno what to look for than u can find some great deals. It all depends on what ur doing w the equipment as well also it seems that tbe new trucks are built lk peices of ****..
Posted via Mobile Device