Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Deere Dealer

I have been letting my deere dealer know for over 2 months that I will be bringing my mower in for service.( Governer seal)under warranty.I told them what date and to have a loaner available just in case it is not done for my mowing day. I get there this morning and he says he will will try to get it done today but will not have a loaner because they are all out. He says they are 2 weeks behind and may not get it done. This is the second time I asked for a loaner but they only have 2 loaners and are always out. They only have 1 mechanic for all the equipment. They said since the economy took a dive they only employee 1 mechanic. Is this crazy or what?How is your deere dealer?
Old 09-24-2012, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mine is top notch. 1 mechanic. I get bumped ahead of all residentials. I get loaners all the time. They know I don't beat the crap out of stuff. They changed thier policy after a guy took a torch to a loaner blower for a CUT. Most stuff is in and out in hours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2012, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Also I know most other brands are 2-4 weeks wait. Around 6 week waits in the spring and I don't get bumped ahead of homeowners/residentials. My grasshopper and husqvarna dealer is pretty good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer is usually 1-2 weeks wait. They are one of the largest dealerships in this state. They have loaners sometimes at my location, but not always. It's one of their smallest locations, but they still have at least 2-3 mechanics working on stuff normally. I don't get the same rush treatment that a larger LCO would though, and it pisses me off. I've spent an enormous amount of money at their stores alone over the last 10 years or so. If there was another dealer closer, I'd go there instead, but these guys are it for now.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
My dealer is usually 1-2 weeks wait. They are one of the largest dealerships in this state. They have loaners sometimes at my location, but not always. It's one of their smallest locations, but they still have at least 2-3 mechanics working on stuff normally. I don't get the same rush treatment that a larger LCO would though, and it pisses me off. I've spent an enormous amount of money at their stores alone over the last 10 years or so. If there was another dealer closer, I'd go there instead, but these guys are it for now.
I think that's close to normal across the board with all brands. I'm just lucky here with mine.

But the OP had an appointment so they should of had thier stuff together. When they send thier survey out and tell them the problem. They loose points for negative stuff. And loose money on lost points.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimslawncareservice View Post
I think that's close to normal across the board with all brands. I'm just lucky here with mine.

But the OP had an appointment so they should of had thier stuff together. When they send thier survey out and tell them the problem. They loose points for negative stuff. And loose money on lost points.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know. My only way to get back at them
Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer is great. They have around 10-12 mechanics, 4-5 of which only does smaller stuff like mowers, blowers, compact tractors. They take me in right away everytime, loaner whenever my stuff is down. They are part of the reason I stick with Deere other than the 997 being the best mower i've ever used lol.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Every dealer is going to be different no matter what brand they sell/service, just depends on how much money they have and work they have. Obviously if they don't have much money they will not have tons of staff for each and every department (sales, service, parts, etc).

My Deere dealer is quite a large dealer, about 10 stores throughout the state. The location that I go to is one of their lawn and garden stores, meaning they deal in mainly residential and commercial mowing products (also do the compact tractors as well). I don't spend tons of money there compared to most of the other LCO's who are much larger than me. But I get top notch service. If I need something they will drop what they are doing and get me taken care of right then. If they need to order parts or the repair is going to take longer, then they just give me a loaner mower (either a Z950 demo or one of their used units on the lot). The service manager always thanks me for my business and tells me how he wishes he had more customers like me...I pay my bill when I pick up the machine, I don't try and tell them how to do their job and I am always polite to them.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 09-24-2012, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My deere dealer is real good too. Lots of parts in stock, loaners available. They do a really nice job.

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I should not complain. The mechanic fixed the machine today and will be ready for me tomorrow. I told the boss I was thankful for him getting my machine in and out. Good job Deere