Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The head was pulled and machined, they did a fair amount of motor work. The shop did nearly 7k in work, and then dyno'd and gave my brother the sheets, which he has somewhere. Thats what he told me, anyway the truck is gone and it was a huge hunk of crap with 100 000 km on it. It could be as fast as it wanted but it the least reliable vehicle I have ever personally seen.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Did two landscape jobs today, which went well. We were redo-ing some sod from the summer and a guy pulls up to us and asks: "Do you do this for a living?"
To which I replied: "No I just do this fun, monday to saturday!" He laughed and asked for a card and wants some work done. So without a doubt that is one of the top methods for getting work in my area. Competition is fierce here and there are so many big companys advertising everywhere, our work comes from word of month and stuff like this.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Did two landscape jobs today, which went well. We were redo-ing some sod from the summer and a guy pulls up to us and asks: "Do you do this for a living?"
To which I replied: "No I just do this fun, monday to saturday!" He laughed and asked for a card and wants some work done. So without a doubt that is one of the top methods for getting work in my area. Competition is fierce here and there are so many big companys advertising everywhere, our work comes from word of month and stuff like this.
im the same way, I dont advertise at all.... seems all rich people know other rich people so thats how iv gotten my customer base.haha, i offer 1 free cut for every recomendation and one customer got me 8-$80lawns, so we ended up cutting his lawn for 3 months for free. how have people been about paying this year for you?
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow thats awesome for that guy, but thats how you get work, in the long term it works out great for you. Everybody has been alright about paying this year. Many of the customers had been with the previous company for a long time, so they knew the drill, they're billed on the 15th. I just kept the same arrangement to keep it simple. There has been some chasing around for money or people running out to give me envelopes. Overall I would say its been good.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Wow thats awesome for that guy, but thats how you get work, in the long term it works out great for you. Everybody has been alright about paying this year. Many of the customers had been with the previous company for a long time, so they knew the drill, they're billed on the 15th. I just kept the same arrangement to keep it simple. There has been some chasing around for money or people running out to give me envelopes. Overall I would say its been good.
hmm lucky u, seems like everyone around my area is paying 30 days late or more.. iv talked to a bunch of other company owners and its the same thing. and ya hes the kinda guy that know EVERYONE! i use him as a recomendation alot and most people already know him. lol
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah we're pretty fortunate that way. Some people just aren't worth the hassle.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Some new developments in equipment. Sold the Wideout today, and pulled the harness and mount of too (pain in the butt). Sold the Kage for the Bobcat to be replaced with something else.
The Dodge is for sale also to be replaced with something better. Stay tuned!
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

did you use neverseize when you put the bolts on??? hahahah plow mounts r a pain in the ass, wish somone would come up with somthing easy to install and didnt compromise your ground clearance.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The Western dealer we dealt with installed it and obviously they didn't. We used release-all when taking it all off, but we were snapping most of the bolts off, if not grinding them.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Today was a clean up, grease, sharpen blades day. Got a Echo trimmer off of a customer who is moving, as well as 9.5 hp Craftsman snow blower for pretty cheap. Got the Echo running but it has trouble idling. Also I just noticed this today on my Viking. The tracking on each side looks different and the right side looks broken. You can see there is a spring on the right side too. I never really noticed before, so I thought someone could give me a little input on that.
Attached Images