Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't get it. I can remove my trimmer in a second or less. How is another rack going to make any difference?

I bought my first TT 3 place rack in 2000. I have unracked and rereacked trimmers and edgers tens of thousands of times from these racks. I'm pretty good at it.
I agree Richard, I have had a TT for about 3 years now and haven't had one issue with it and I bought mine used. It takes me literally 2 seconds to get my trimmer out of the rack. I'm sorry but I honestly don't see a "time savings" being a legitmate argument with the TT versus the Extreme.

Truck
Trailer
Walk-Behind Mower
Self-Propelled Mower
String Trimmer
Edger
Hedge Trimmer
Long Reach Hedge Trimmer
Blower
Chain Saw
Gas Can
Tool Box
Misc. Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I have owned both types and after my experience with the weedeaters always falling off the rack with the trimmer traps I will never buy them again. If you don't lock them down they will fall of the first bump you hit.
It doesn't sound like you had a TrimmerTrap rack. TrimmerTraps are spring loaded so the only way this might happen is if the spring is gone and you hit a big enough bump to lift the retaining bar up. If the spring is in place then what you describe is impossible with a TrimmerTrap rack. The lifting handle also has a positive lock on it, which is also spring loaded, which would also have to be broken for a trimmer to fall out on a huge bump.

In other words, both springs would have to be broken, the locking knob pulled out and the rack to be turned upside down for a trimmer to fall out. It ain't happening. Can you post a picture of the rack that you had? Did it look like this one?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I also am a extreme user. I have owned both types and after my experience with the weedeaters always falling off the rack with the trimmer traps I will never buy them again. If you don't lock them down they will fall of the first bump you hit. I know everyone will think who would forget to lock them down but it happens. Get in a hurry or just simply forget. I personally have never forgot buy my guys have numerous times and I know of atleast twice when they lost a trimmer off them.
Posted via Mobile Device
You aren't making any sense to me. I've had a trimmer trap for many years and have used it thousands of times on thousands of lawns and driven hundreds of thousands of miles and I have never had a trimmer even come close to falling out. It would be impossible for this to happen due to the design of the rack. Also I don't see how anyone could remove or replace a trimmer any faster. It truly only takes 2 seconds to do. My only complaint is that the rack it very hard on foam (echo) type grips. Rubber grips work great in them with no problems what so ever.