Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

superz 60 blow out from deck

I have a Qwikchute installed but when chopping leaves more leaves blow out than gets chopped , is there a mulch kit or blow out baffle to remedy this problem ?

Thanks for any advise.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 AM
Sponsor

Yes,
Pending on your deck model Hustler makes a Mulch Kit and a blow-out kit.
I'm thinking you are still using a hi-lift blade (gator included), when you block off the exit you create back pressure and the debris needs to find it's way out.

Brian O
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlermidwest View Post
Yes,
Pending on your deck model Hustler makes a Mulch Kit and a blow-out kit.
I'm thinking you are still using a hi-lift blade (gator included), when you block off the exit you create back pressure and the debris needs to find it's way out.

Brian O
Brand new Hustler Super Z (18 hrs.), and now that the grass is slowing up I am also getting blowout from underneath the deck front, which means is coming up onto the foot platform, and covering me up. Does lowering the front baffle into the "A" hole location eliminate this problem, and if so, does it promote bending the baffle because of hanging lower; as I've heard from others?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

mulch kit

has anyone tried the mulch kit with vx4 deck and if so how did it perform also if you liked it what was the part number and where did you get it.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Sponsor

Mulch Kits,
60" 113903
66" 113904
72" 113905

Mulching is a concept. No matter who's mulcher you are using you can not over work the concept. Too much debris under the deck will cause clumping. I love it with leaves, now you see them now you don't!

Brian O
Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

blow out

the reason for me wanting the mulch kits is for leaves do you get alot of blowout with it .
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Sponsor

You can get blow out if you try. If the leaves are really dry, dust is your enemy. I like opening up the front baffle to allow more leaves in but it can also increase blow out. Proper blades are a must. You will need to tune the deck for your area. Up north at this time we are only cutting up the leaves because the grass has slowed down due to the colder days.

Brian O
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

blow out

thats what i did let the baffles up to the highest level and i did notice the leaves did not bunch up as before but with the chute closed it left a windrow of leaves do you get this with the mulch kit, thanks for the info .
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Sponsor

The mulch kit capsulizes each blade to work mostly independent of each other. You will get the windrow with just blocking off the discharge. Your system the left blade is still feeding the center and building up in the right side. You will have far less windrow with a mulch kit.

Brian O
Old 03-10-2013, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Member

What baffle kit will fit a Hustler Suuper Z / 31 hp / 60, # 928887B, serial #10080138?