Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttstockdogs View Post
Ridin' Green, you are going to force me to read the owners manual

I just ordered the throttle shaft for the FX730V which should add 3HP to the FX651V that is in my mower. 15% extra power should make a difference. It will be under $40 dollars for this conversion to be the same as a Z920A It sure beats the $1,400 JD wants to go to the Z920A.

The info that led me to this is here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=317558 and I ordered the parts here http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=k...99907-61990080 Part # 16041-7052 $25.00 (I ordered some extra throttle plate screws)

If my new mower won't do the job I can always use the HX20!
You could, but rutting may be a slight problem. LOL

I always read the op's manual from front to back (in the english part). I have found lots of really helpfuyl little tips that I may not have known otherwise, and I am no stranger to Deere equipment.
Post up how that new linkage works out. I'd be interested.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 AM
LawnSite Member

ttstockdogs...I just bought a z910a yesterday! I won't be picking it up until Monday, because they are gonna install the stipe kit. Im thinking about ordering the seat suspension. How much did it raise your seat and how do you like it? Also, I believe that I will do the hp upgrade. Is there any info that you could give me on that? Thanks!!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Yrock,
The suspension seat adds about 2" and requires moving the seat belt to the seat instead of the body. I just took my seat belt off (don't tell anyone) it rubs the sides of the seat with the suspension system. I really like the seat, I would say it is worth getting.

You didn't say if you got the bagger. If you did you need all the front weights with the DFS.

The throttle shaft is pretty simple. There are several how to's on here. A good screw driver that fits the throttle plate screws is important, they are tight. I would mark the plates so they go back in same side and direction. Install the screws and let the plates close to center them in the bores and then tighten. I would recommend locktight.( you don't want them coming out).
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Member

ttstockdogs....I did not get the bagging system. I have absolutely zero interest in bagging!haha I will probably install a power chute though and also do the seat suspension like you suggested. On the throttle shaft install, did you have to adjust your governor after the install? Is there a reason for not going on up to the 26 hp? Im going to order the parts that you listed above in a few minutes including the extra screws. I really appreciate your input! How do you like your machine?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Yrock, the DFS bagger with powerflow is awesome.
You do not have to adjust anything if you install correctly. I believe the 26hp is an actual different displacement.
This mower is awesome! It cut my mowing time from 2 1/2 hrs to 50 min. and better cut quality. Plus only dumping the bagger 4 times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Member

ttstockdogs....your last post didn't make it through! I just ordered "the info that led me to this is here http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=317558 and I ordered the parts here http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=k...99907-61990080 Part # 16041-7052 $25.00 (I ordered some extra throttle plate screws)"....I also ordered 4 extra screws like you suggested! My dealer called a little while ago and said my z910a should be ready early next week....as soon as the roller striper gets here.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I can't see it shaving my time down as far as speed goes, coming from a Scag wildcat 52 with the 26 LC, but....if I don't have to double cut it could certainly save me some time!!