Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by catpride22 View Post
If you havnt made this purchase yet i would never buy a demo and one with 180 hrs that things almost dead.
Almost dead?? When do you upgrade mowers? Every 500 hours?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2012, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

A demo with 180 hours on it has alot more life taken from it than just 180 hours.When i demo a mower i always check blades there always shot even if it only has 5 hours on it,2nd i check the oil most of the time its atleast quart low,3rd check hydro oil usualy thats good but some times its low,and then check air filter dont be to sure that the last guy that demoed it didnt take it for his mower,in my region people demo mowers when in a pinch or just to see how much nasty sh@t they can mow with it.You never know what people have done to a demo then dropped it off making funny noises and act like they know nothing if you think that people dont abuse demo's or rental cars than your mistaken.Buyong a demo is like letting someone test ride your wife before you merry her, no thanks.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
A demo with 180 hours on it has alot more life taken from it than just 180 hours.When i demo a mower i always check blades there always shot even if it only has 5 hours on it,2nd i check the oil most of the time its atleast quart low,3rd check hydro oil usualy thats good but some times its low,and then check air filter dont be to sure that the last guy that demoed it didnt take it for his mower,in my region people demo mowers when in a pinch or just to see how much nasty sh@t they can mow with it.You never know what people have done to a demo then dropped it off making funny noises and act like they know nothing if you think that people dont abuse demo's or rental cars than your mistaken.Buyong a demo is like letting someone test ride your wife before you merry her, no thanks.
It may have been demoed, but with 180 hrs., I'd say its been in a loaner lineup. I would think it to be very hard to put 180 hrs. on a demo mower without it being sold long before that high number of hrs. rolled over.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

my demo had 168... Its got 500 now. must be really dead... my other toro had 174... thats got 500 now... must be really dead. Strange cause Ive never done anything but change the oil in either one
Old 09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
my demo had 168... Its got 500 now. must be really dead... my other toro had 174... thats got 500 now... must be really dead. Strange cause Ive never done anything but change the oil in either one
What else is there to do with two dead mowers?
Old 09-29-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
500 hours...u should trade them in, they are done(dead)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
What else is there to do with two dead mowers?
Dude, I about spit coffee all over the pc screen. LOL
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Member

You know i was just trying to give this fella some what i thought was good advise,i see how people bring back loaners/demo's in my area and i dont care how much money there taking off the price im not buying it.But as usual people on this web site just want to attack people instead of saying maybe there is some truth to what the guy is saying.Im not a newbie to this industry been mowing for 25 years,and just for your info i get a new mower every 1500 hrs now you can laugh and almost spill your coffee and make stupid remarks like a bunch of high school bullies,but i made some valid points and when your demo with 500 hrs on it has a pump or spindle go out early you will know why.You know every new member here has some good info on something but if members just make fun of them because they think differant than then them they will just take there info somewhere else,i personaly have alot of new and old equipment and would be scared to dare tell about it because some member may laugh at me or say thats stupid.You guys need to rethink your hazing process.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You know i was just trying to give this fella some what i thought was good advise,i see how people bring back loaners/demo's in my area and i dont care how much money there taking off the price im not buying it.But as usual people on this web site just want to attack people instead of saying maybe there is some truth to what the guy is saying.Im not a newbie to this industry been mowing for 25 years,and just for your info i get a new mower every 1500 hrs now you can laugh and almost spill your coffee and make stupid remarks like a bunch of high school bullies,but i made some valid points and when your demo with 500 hrs on it has a pump or spindle go out early you will know why.You know every new member here has some good info on something but if members just make fun of them because they think differant than then them they will just take there info somewhere else,i personaly have alot of new and old equipment and would be scared to dare tell about it because some member may laugh at me or say thats stupid.You guys need to rethink your hazing process.
Your point is valid, but there is usually multiple possibilities. What if it was demoed and just never sold? If I understand correctly, you still get a 2 year warranty with a demo, so if something goes bad, dealer fixes it...unless I'm way off base???
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2012, 10:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My exmark is pushing 4,000 hours. It must be on its 8th life.
Posted via Mobile Device