Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-26-2012, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
Okay, so I'm a rookie to this side of the business and I'm sure a lot of you guys have already thought of this but I thought I would share it anyways. I am going to market specifically to Modular House businesses. You know the kind, where they sell prefab houses and have like 10-20 models on the lot? It makes sense that anyone looking to purchase a home around the holidays would love it that much more if it was all decorated and felt "homey". Plus the business owner has much more important things to do instead of running around putting up lights on all his little houses and then taking them down and storing them and everything. I would be a pretty good gig to land like 10 houses all at one spot. Just an idea. Good luck.
I did somewhat similar marketing with spec homes last winter. Installed holiday lighting at the show home the build first at each new development site. We got a few jobs off of it, but not as many as i had thought we would. We have had much better luck using the same strategy for landscape lighting
Old 09-29-2012, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenIndustryAssociates View Post
I did somewhat similar marketing with spec homes last winter. Installed holiday lighting at the show home the build first at each new development site. We got a few jobs off of it, but not as many as i had thought we would. We have had much better luck using the same strategy for landscape lighting
Same kind of strategy as going after HOAs - those can be a gold mine for knocking out a lot of business in a short amount of time (and saving on gas too). Offer a discount on the first house (or on the entryway of that neighborhood), and tell them if they refer others, then for every referral that does business with you, you'll give them a $50 cash referral fee or maybe even add some more decor to their existing job as a "thank you". The power of referral is huge and time is not on your side, so any time saving tricks like this could boost your profits for the season.

I recently wrapped up my 2012 edition of Growing Your Christmas Lighting Business which has other tips and tricks in there. I'm offering it free to Lawnsite members this season, if interested check out www.christmaslightsbook.com.

Good luck this season,
Tory Smith
ChristmasLightLeads.com