Register free!

Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Flier and postcard I'm using

Had a flier made up for aeration season. Then had a postcard made too. Stapled to the flier and putting them out. Has the price on there so they know how much without calling. So they can call or just mail in the postcard with there info on it.I do have a pix behind the postcard but I scanned them together.
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2012, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Had a flier made up for aeration season. Then had a postcard made too. Stapled to the flier and putting them out. Has the price on there so they know how much without calling. So they can call or just mail in the postcard with there info on it.I do have a pix behind the postcard but I scanned them together.
I like it! Especially after you ink in your price. I thought about doing something similar to this with lawn mowing prices and even snow removal. I think potential customers want to know the price first and by giving them that information could potentially make it an easier sale.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Grandview....you have a very nice flier!!! Its great for running through neighborhood and handing out prices!!!

I have a question after looking over your flier:

You charge "taxes" on a Service (aeration)? I didn't know you could tax a customer on a labor service?

Do you include the tax in their estimate price?

Your flier shows "plus tax"....or should you change your flier to say, "tax included"?

So it might be $100.00 tax included...instead off $100.00 plus tax. Just a thought.
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
Old 09-29-2012, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13 View Post
Grandview....you have a very nice flier!!! Its great for running through neighborhood and handing out prices!!!

I have a question after looking over your flier:

You charge "taxes" on a Service (aeration)? I didn't know you could tax a customer on a labor service?

Do you include the tax in their estimate price?

Your flier shows "plus tax"....or should you change your flier to say, "tax included"?

So it might be $100.00 tax included...instead off $100.00 plus tax. Just a thought.

this is NY ,tax everything! Your suppose to have the price plus tax .
Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I Inked mowing price on my door hangers when I started. It was a rough estimate/ base price (NO bagging clippings). I would not snoop around the back, just try to estimate from what I could see from the front. When I'd get a call I'd tell them that the price was rough estimate & I usually was accurate. After seeing backyard (obsticles & size) I'd let them know if it was more, but first mow price was what I put on door hanger. If they want clippings bagged it was also additional fee. If I estimate i can mow whole lawn without dumping mower basket I usually don't charge extra. I estimate how many times i will need to empty basket (big Toro Proline basket) & charge $5 per trip to truck. If i get 3 baskets of clippings, that is 2 trips to the truck to empty while mowing so charge $10 extra to bag clippings.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am guessing that means you have to see (be there) at every home your bidding ? Would it be easier to have a sq ft price and have them printed in advance ?...I thought about doing it that way..I'm not Warren Buffet but I still think my work time is too valuble .
Either way Good Luck
Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It is good, but now you are competing by price. I think you would be better off using one of the full color professional brochures. I am thinking Turfco has a good one. They just print your name on the brochure. Or one of these.
https://www.google.com/search?q=lawn...w=1680&bih=934

Instead of a price, I would offer a discount or an end of season sale. Some kind of special sale. My wife always tries to buy stuff on sale--even if we don't need it. Or include a special incentive, 50 percent off on overseed, upgrade to premium seed if you call this week, free double pass if you call by Saturday, free organic fertilizer (3 lbs of Milorganite), 50 percent off organic topdressing (6 lbs Milorganite). Free tulip bulbs or crocus. Don't reduce your price--sweeten the deal.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I use Google map .I look at the overheard shot of the subdivision and figure out an average price for a lawn and fill them out at home ,corner lots I have them with a higher price. Then I shoot out and .Did about 700 in about 2 hours.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
I use Google map .I look at the overheard shot of the subdivision and figure out an average price for a lawn and fill them out at home ,corner lots I have them with a higher price. Then I shoot out and .Did about 700 in about 2 hours.
Sounds great !! Where do you have to put them? (does NY have any crazy laws about what can go where?....that tax thing on labor is crazy enough..hehe )It must be sort of easy in order to do 700 in 2 hours.
Steve
Old 09-29-2012, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreem3d View Post
Sounds great !! Where do you have to put them? (does NY have any crazy laws about what can go where?....that tax thing on labor is crazy enough..hehe )It must be sort of easy in order to do 700 in 2 hours.
Steve
I slam them right on the mailbox. Mailmen around here don't care.