Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

by slamming on mailbox do you mean taping them to mailbox? I need some advice on handing out Postcards/Flyers, i plan on just putting them in the slot below the mailbox but need more advice on where to put it if it doesnt have a newspaper holder. Thanks!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Between the flag and box or underneath ,even stick it in the post anywhere it will stay.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Same things i would probably do, Thanks for advice!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

In Illinois its illegal to put ANYTHING in or on a mailbox. I'm sure its illegal nation wide (federal). Some mailmen will remove them and throw them out. You may get a phone call telling you to stop.

I love Riggle's link. I use a similar photo on my fliers. You need to explain more WHY people should have their lawn aerated. Many know they should, but you need to get them to call you NOW. I don't like the idea of post card. My flyer tells them to call me now. Having the customer fill out a post card, them stamp it, then mail it takes too much time and you will have people not following through.

Last edited by mikesturf; 09-30-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesturf View Post
In Illinois its illegal to put ANYTHING in or on a mailbox. I'm sure its illegal nation wide (federal). Some mailmen will remove them and throw them out. You may get a phone call telling you to stop.

I love Riggle's link. I use a similar photo on my fliers. You need to explain more WHY people should have their lawn aerated. Many know they should, but you need to get them to call you NOW. I don't like the idea of post card. My flyer tells them to call me now. Having the customer fill out a post card, them stamp it, then mail it takes too much time and you will have people not following through.
Don't care what the mailman does. If he wants to take them fine,never had a problem. I do have my number on the flier ,the postcards do work .When I did years ago for lawn cutting I was getting then back a year later. Seem to work ,had 2 calls even before I got home . Plus have a few calls over the last 2 days for more info. Even got calls for snowplowing.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Picked up a few more phone calls from the fliers .So people are looking and reading. More importantly ,calling for service.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Don't care what the mailman does. If he wants to take them fine,never had a problem. I do have my number on the flier ,the postcards do work .When I did years ago for lawn cutting I was getting then back a year later. Seem to work ,had 2 calls even before I got home . Plus have a few calls over the last 2 days for more info. Even got calls for snowplowing.
I'm sure they work. Everyone needs their lawns renovated after this summer. Riggle and I are just trying to help you get even more business. I see other flyers from other companies and I try and look at them for pros and cons. Sometimes I take ideas from theirs and change mine. Always seek to improve.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The thing with fliers is, you can't have to much on it .You have about 3 steps before they decide to really look at it or crumple it up and throw it out. That's why I have a pix on my flier as I said ,it under the postcard.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

did you make the flier and postcards yourself? did you hand them out yourself to the customer personally or just put them in the door?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Made up the flier and postcard design and had a printer run the copies for me. Just put them up at the mailbox. Worked out good and will do it again in the spring.