Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
In TX as long as your under 26k GVWR it doesn't matter what the vehicle is as even if it has air brakes on it.
Fixed it for you.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-21-2012, 06:15 PM
ELS Landscape's Avatar
ELS Landscape ELS Landscape is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Posts: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
In TX as long as your under 26k reg weight it doesn't matter what the vehicle is as long as there is no air brakes on it.
I think if you are over 10,000 and pull a trailer you do but a box truck it is 26K. Kind of confusing but driving what we call a city truck is no big deal in Texas.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
I think if you are over 10,000 and pull a trailer you do.
Ummmm No.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,432
Any GCWR of over 26k with the trailer being more than 10k pounds. Or a drive unit over 26k pounds requires a CDL, this is federal and not state to state. Not sure about air brakes though? I have my endorsement but I'm not sure about trucks under 26k needing the endorsement.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Not sure about air brakes though? I have my endorsement
No you don't.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 AM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
No you don't.
would you like to see my license?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Duffster's Avatar
Duffster Duffster is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
would you like to see my license?
Yes please.

Please tell us what letter represents this none existant air brake nedorsement on your license.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes
Your argument falls flatter than a 3 day old roadkill squirrel.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
jrs.landscaping's Avatar
jrs.landscaping jrs.landscaping is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
Yes please.

Please tell us what letter represents this none existant air brake nedorsement on your license.
You must have a class A with all endorsements considering your EXTENSIVE knowledge on the subject.... Oh wait, you never really answered any questions on the subject did you. Only gave some pseudo sarcastic quip about how ignorant other people are. You might be a big hit on the comic circut, but I don't understand how your post translates to actual knowledge on the subject? It only says CDL operator on my license as it does with all Maine licenses.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Mark Oomkes Mark Oomkes is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwilamosky View Post
only problem with any truck over f-350 or 3500 is that it will require a CDL license since it will be over 10,000 gvwr at least that's how it will is in ohio. meaning a higher insurance rate, title, taxes, plates

if you're pulling that large of a trailer i wouldn't buy a gasser
Oh boy, here we go again.

Link please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
Are you pretty sure of this???? Im not questioning you because I think your wrong but Im in ohio and was looking at one of the npr trucks but is a 4500. I would need cdl for this truck in Ohio??
I'm questioning him, because he is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
In TX as long as your under 26k reg weight it doesn't matter what the vehicle is as long as there is no air brakes on it.
Air brakes make no difference under 26K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELS Landscape View Post
I think if you are over 10,000 and pull a trailer you do but a box truck it is 26K. Kind of confusing but driving what we call a city truck is no big deal in Texas.
I think you're wrong. Unless you're over 26K. With the truck and trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
Any GCWR of over 26k with the trailer being more than 10k pounds. Or a drive unit over 26k pounds requires a CDL, this is federal and not state to state. Not sure about air brakes though? I have my endorsement but I'm not sure about trucks under 26k needing the endorsement.
There is no such thing as an air brake endorsement.

Haven't we been through this before? Ad nauseum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
would you like to see my license?
I would, because I can guarantee you don't have an air brake endorsement.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM
cuttin-to-the-Max cuttin-to-the-Max is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Commerce,MI
Posts: 1,329
ODPS Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Who Needs a CDL?

For Ref. Heres the link: http://bmv.ohio.gov/cdl.stm#tog

Ohio Revised Code, Section 4506.01 (D)
The classes of CDL and the commercial motor vehicles that they authorize the operation of are as follows: [ - ]

Any combination of vehicles with a combined gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the gross vehicle weight rating of the vehicle or vehicles being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds;

Any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating that is not in excess of 10,000 pounds;

Any single vehicle or combination of vehicles that is not a class A or class B vehicle, but that either is designed to transport 16 or more passengers including the driver;

Any school bus with a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 26,001 pounds that is designed to transport fewer than 16 passengers including the driver;

Is transporting hazardous materials for which placarding is required under subpart F of 49 C.F.R. part 172;

Any single vehicle or combination of vehicles that is designed to be operated and to travel on a public street or highway and is considered by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to be a commercial motor vehicle, including, but not limited to, a motorized crane, a vehicle whose function is to pump cement, a rig for drilling wells, and a portable crane.

Last edited by cuttin-to-the-Max; 10-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.11085 seconds with 9 queries