Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely?

Ok guys I have got a price from my Gravely dealer and it is a lot cheaper than the Scag, Exmark, Toro and Wright prices I have been getting. I know Gravely is making a big push to become a major player in this business but do they hold up and perform as well as the major brands? I am looking at the Pro Stance. The dealer also sells Scag and said he would run Gravely against anybody any day of the week. I am liking what I am hearing from him but I don't want to make a big mistake and buy something then in a few months wish I would have spent the extra money on the major brand. Cut quality and the ability to climb up on islands my only real concern. Am I worrying to much? I really like the Scag as well but it is going to cost me another $1100 for there V Ride and Wright was way out of the ballpark on there price for a Stander X. I am picking up a V Ride 52" demo Thursday and the rep is bringing me a 61" Pro Stance on Monday or Tuesday of next week. They all have there pros and cons I just am lost on which mower is the right choice. So you guys can cast your vote and that will help me a ton!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am also supposed to be getting a Vantage 60" later this week as well to demo. I know they are going to be a lot higher because it only comes EFI.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Gravely 36in pro hydro walk behind with the pro steer controls and love it. Its very well built and so far I've had no issues with it.

The only thing frustrating is the deck is exactly as wide as the wheel base so its tricky to stripe with. It would be easier if the wheel base was a little shorter and allowed the deck to stick out a little like my old scag.

I'm sure the ztr's don't have that issue and everyone I have talked to with a gravely loves them.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely isn't any less capable then the other brands mentioned. They've been around a long time. I'm looking more at the suspension mowers anymore. As you get older, the bouncing around on the mower gets old too.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm getting a demo this week on a 48" Prostance. I have a 60" Z, and the 48" seems to me to be a good companion machine. We'll see how it goes.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
I'm getting a demo this week on a 48" Prostance. I have a 60" Z, and the 48" seems to me to be a good companion machine. We'll see how it goes.
Hey ridin green takes some pictures ad let me know it goes

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 10-02-2012, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm really bad about remembering to take a camera, but I did intend to try. I had forgotten already though

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I will make sure I post pics of the 61" Pro Stance that I am supposed to be getting on Monday or Tuesday. I am excited to see how it performs. I am demoing a V Ride Thursday till the Gravely comes in then I am swapping out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have to say Gravely has been impressing me! While I was posting I was having a hard time finding a demo someone from Gravely sent me a message stating that they were here to help. They contacted not only my dealer but the rep for my area. I had talked to the dealer already but it was comforting to know a company cares that much about getting me a machine. I would strongly urge everyone to take a look at there machines! I am picking up a 61" Pro Stance demo tomorrow and I am so excited to give it a try!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Gravely is really trying to get the word out the right way! Customer service and great products. It wouldnt surprise me one bit to see Gravely on top within 5-10 years. I have been told they all ready are in the southeast.
Posted via Mobile Device