Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
phasthound -- It's kinda like going to a doctor. Sometimes he might prescibe expensive medicines, but normally the most valuable commodity is his experienced advice. Our yellow page ads state "We diagnose before we treat" -- same thing.

BTW phasthoud -- We are now seeing many nice dark green lawns cuz of your fert. Nice job! Your organic fert combo has shown proven results around here. Thanks.
Thanks Larry, I appreciate your comment.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garydale View Post
Hi Bird..
Thought I would point out that the Tree/Shrub attachment is an education piece, developed because the average homeowner thinks one treatment last all year and cures everything.
When you need to explain the programs you develope for your operation it will help you show: time of year, probable targets and need for followup etc.
They all begin with "inspect" and IPM is the future, so you will be customising each clients programs.
New york is a tough state when it comes to pesticide use.
Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Been practicing IPM for over 15 years. It's a great step in the right direction. Much better than calendar timed treatments. However, the focus is still on controlling pests rather than Plant Health Care. Improving plant and soil health, now that's the future.
thanks for all this info. I am looking to add these applications to my services, of course practicing IPM and treating only what has to be. I am trying to figure out the pricing i can charge each application. garydale, please let me know what you are charging for an application per 1000 sq ft or per gal. I figured out my cost per gal and per 1000 sq ft, but i want to maximize my profits with the going rate. I have an idea what im going to charge, but want to double check. Also if you can give me some insight on the pricing for the following as well, along with any other services i could ad too! Thanks

I am interested in developing a pricing guide for spraying chemical for the rest of this season. Is there a rule of thumb that you go by, or just time + material. Right not i have my costs per 1000 sqft but no specific formulas to calculate the properties. My fert prices are all over the place. I cover my costs and am making good money, but their is no steady pricing, some lawns i make a killing and some not too much.

5-step fert program (lebanon)
ornamental bed spraying (surflan/roundup)
driveway crack spraying (roundup)
turf broadleaf treatments (speedzone)
deep root fertilization
rose spray
Old 06-04-2009, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Member

What are people charging for shrub insect control?
Old 06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

???

Too many variables bud. On the safe side, I'd say $2 per minute (product included).

Phasthound -- can I buy a couple gallons of mosquito barrier/garlic mosquito spray? (we're getting requests already, and it sure worked fine last year). Thanks. PM me when you get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattstailoredlawns View Post
What are people charging for shrub insect control?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
Too many variables bud. On the safe side, I'd say $2 per minute (product included).

Phasthound -- can I buy a couple gallons of mosquito barrier/garlic mosquito spray? (we're getting requests already, and it sure worked fine last year). Thanks. PM me when you get a chance.
Sure Larry.

I just got this comment from a residential customer,
"We will be getting that spray every month through the season!!!! Amazing! We had a huge amount of stinkbugs before and barely any now. Seems it works for everything. We also told ALL of our neighbors so hopefully you will be getting more business."

When we make the application, we don't add anything else to it. Don't see a need to. Adding this service has helped our bottom line.

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 10-01-2012, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

There seems to be a wide range of programs out there. I've seen a 5, 6, and 7 app program. I've also seen people do 2 and 3 step programs.

In considering a shurb and small tree(holly, crepe myrtle, etc) Any reason why a spring systemic and winter hort oil app wouldn't be enough for just a basic broad spectrum program. Then "as needed in the summer." Maybe add a 3rd app for preventative fungicide. I don't have the ability to deep root inject, but could use a granular in the fall for a 4th app.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasthound View Post
Sure Larry.

I just got this comment from a residential customer,
"We will be getting that spray every month through the season!!!! Amazing! We had a huge amount of stinkbugs before and barely any now. Seems it works for everything. We also told ALL of our neighbors so hopefully you will be getting more business."

When we make the application, we don't add anything else to it. Don't see a need to. Adding this service has helped our bottom line.
I would love to hear more about this. ESP. Mosquito sprays...very much in demand.