Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro Proline Blades Not Engaging

Hi all, I am looking at buying a Toro Proline 14hp model #30317 but the guy says that the blades will not engage. He said that the engine runs great, gears work great, but he cannot get the blades to work. It is a pull start so there is no battery. He is asking $500 for it, but I need some background on what might be causing this before I take it any further. I have some experience working on Lescos as I used to own my own biz about four years ago, my old member name on here was GLLAWNS. This one I'm looking to buy will be used to mow my own yard thats why I'm trying to keep the cost down. Thanks for any help you can give......
Old 10-02-2012, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Check the alt. output at the regulator B+. Should be 14.5 VDC or so at top speed.
Unplug the clutch wires and jump one to ground and jump the other to the regulator B+ , should work.
You can also check the clutch with a 12v battery, just jump to the plug. Should hear a strong click/clunk noise. You can also do it while running to check the clutch adj.

That unit has a module and switches in the switch box that could be bad, but testing as above your by-passing all that.

......AMF!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish View Post
Check the alt. output at the regulator B+. Should be 14.5 VDC or so at top speed.
Unplug the clutch wires and jump one to ground and jump the other to the regulator B+ , should work.
You can also check the clutch with a 12v battery, just jump to the plug. Should hear a strong click/clunk noise. You can also do it while running to check the clutch adj.

That unit has a module and switches in the switch box that could be bad, but testing as above your by-passing all that.
Ok I will look into that, even if the clutch is bad do you think the price is fair? I've never had to replace a clutch on my Lescos so not too sure how involved it is, but I'm always game for trying......Thanks again