Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Look bro, you seem bent on arguing just to bolster your choice, not based on truth or facts.


You analogy about the pack mule is significantly flawed as well. I don't carry my blower on my back while walking around on my hands and knees, and if the mule could walk upright on its hind legs, it would need a totally different design for its pack system.


The Echo is fine for cooling you down in the heat, but by the same token ,it cools you down way too much in the cooler months.
I am not being brand loyal, because I'm not brand loyal on much of anything (outside of chainsaws) these days.
As far as the cinch straps, they do more for stability than anything unles you keep er tight. The pack analogy was because it doesn't bear the load with the cinch. Having that on a blower doesn't fit the comfort level due to the FACT...that when you're blowing a full line of leaves you have to swing back and forth. That take out the equation of have a flex tube if you're cinched up. And the same reason a packed az has a cinch. He ain't walking an edge with a shifting pack. Me, I need to.

I wear a coat in the cooler months, and don't even notice the Echo's air cooler . Besides that it comes with a block off plate for cooler weather usage.

If the Husky were to be only used at leaf season you wouldn't notice the super thin straps when wearing a coat. And I doubt that cinch is going around me when I'm blowing snow with it.

I do like the business end of the Husky, said that already.

Me, I like the Husqvarna saws as well. Been running a 272 XP for many years. Husky has the best filtration system on a saw I've ran. It's dual ported too.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,009
Actually, now that I think about it, the crew had a 755 and 770. I ran along-side a BR600M on another job. I showed up on that job to do a cleanup and mow and the guy was there doing some bed work for them and was blowing the beds out prior to doing his planting and mulching. He's the owner of a small landscaping and nursery operation. I apolgize for the misinformation.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
So the problem is that you don't like waist straps because they make you look fat...ummm, OK, lol.

Have you ever operated one of the big Husky blowers? Or did you just try it on and not like how your gut looked with it on?

I hated the cinch. Didn't run it because of the crappy co-op dealer.
Some Echo's will run to lean. If that isn't adjusted it can deter optimum operation. I can only compare how my Echo runs and it is a beast for performance. I'm not knocking Husky's performance. I'm sure it is a heck of a blower.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
As far as the cinch straps, they do more for stability than anything unles you keep er tight. The pack analogy was because it doesn't bear the load with the cinch. Having that on a blower doesn't fit the comfort level due to the FACT...that when you're blowing a full line of leaves you have to swing back and forth. That take out the equation of have a flex tube if you're cinched up. And the same reason a packed az has a cinch. He ain't walking an edge with a shifting pack. Me, I need to.

I wear a coat in the cooler months, and don't even notice the Echo's air cooler . Besides that it comes with a block off plate for cooler weather usage.

If the Husky were to be only used at leaf season you wouldn't notice the super thin straps when wearing a coat. And I doubt that cinch is going around me when I'm blowing snow with it.

I do like the business end of the Husky, said that already.

Me, I like the Husqvarna saws as well. Been running a 272 XP for many years. Husky has the best filtration system on a saw I've ran. It's dual ported too.
I actually loosened up my shoulder straps this morning after reading your comment that the "cinch strap" doesn't hold any weight and I could CLEARLY FEEL THE WEIGHT OF THE MACHINE ON MY HIPS/WAIST. But yes, I do keep it snug...it doesn't need to be tight, just snug, the same way shoulder straps should be snug. It does not limit my mobilty at all. Perhaps the harness system just does not work for you due to your ummmm...body type.

And why the hell do you need an air cooler if you're wearing a coat anyway? You make less sense the more you say!

I rest my case, lol.

To me, my decision came down to the EB802, the 770 and the 580 and I decided on the 580. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these machines. I didn't look at the 570 but that should probably have been on my list too.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
And why the hell do you need an air cooler if you're wearing a coat anyway? You make less sense the more you say!

.
It was Mr RG from the git...who said the air cooler, the air cooler,
the air cooler, .....will blow on you when it's cold out.

Me, I wear a coat when it gets cold out.. eh
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
It was Mr RG from the git...who said the air cooler, the air cooler,
the air cooler, .....will blow on you when it's cold out.

Me, I wear a coat when it gets cold out.. eh
Sorry, my bad...I get it now. I thought there was a cover for it or something?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:07 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,561
the cover is a throw away item...
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit28 View Post
It was Mr RG from the git...who said the air cooler, the air cooler,
the air cooler, .....will blow on you when it's cold out.
Me, I wear a coat when it gets cold out.. eh
Um, no ya don't bro.


You started bragging on the back pad of the Echo and its air cooling system in post #3, at which time I chimed in. At least try to keep the facts straight and be honest.

The 570 doesn't have a cinch strap at the hip like the 580. It simply has "ears" that stick out to each side, and they significantly help keep the machine located behind me instead of sliding around to the side while either bending down to pick up trash, or while swinging from side to side. The 570 does have the chest strap, and that makes it far more comfortable for long periods of use.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Darryl G Darryl G is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,009
Ummm...one more thing:

The hip belt and chest strap, as well as bearing the load, keep the pack from shifting, which actually increases your agility.

Back to the backpacks I put up...do you think Mountainsmith and The North Face designed backpacks that limit your ability to "walk an edge."

Two key facotrs in any backpack design (blower or pack) are load distribution and stabilty, and I think the 580 does very well at both. It sure beats having the thing digging into to your shoulders, sliding around and bumping you in the donkey with every step like many blowers do.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 PM
unit28 unit28 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MN, A-noka CO.
Posts: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Um, no ya don't bro.


You started bragging on the back pad of the Echo and its air cooling system in post #3, at which time I chimed in. At least try to keep the facts straight and be honest.

.
Oh yes I can.
posts 4, 7 and 24

You first said it, even 3 times how it blows cold air on you during cooler wether.

put a coat on like the rest of us.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.

Page generated in 0.07660 seconds with 10 queries