Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-16-2012, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to wonder who's engine Lehr is using, since they are 4 cycle. Ryobi?

I looked at Lehr equipment after getting fed up with multiple carburetor replacement due to ethanol in gas, but shied away after reading personal reviews that said the equipment was hard to start. Ironically, Ryobi 4 cycle gas engines have the same problem.

These must be really bad engine designs. Typically, 4 cycle engines are easier to start than 2 cycle, and propane engines are easier to start than gasoline engines.

I think there is a market here. People are tired of gasoline that doesn't store well, gasoline that absorbs water, and gasoline that often has ethanol over the rated 10%. The propane equipment manufacturers just need to build good quality equipment with easily refillable and economical cannisters.

Michael
Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanairNC View Post
Yes, I have the blower and the heavy-duty trimmer. So far so good, but we've only had them about a month, so I'll provide more feedback after we've put them through the gauntlet of an NC summer. I can tell you now that the blower with one battery is good for the better part of one day on residential mows. The trimmer goes through the battery a little faster, but thats to be expected. If Stihl made an electric edger, I'd be all set. Also, Stihl is doing a $100 rebate on the batteries if purchased with any piece of the equipment.
So how has the trimmer and blower held up this year ?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
I was wondering if any of you guys were using the Lehr trimmers or blowers. I am wanting to start marketing my company as a green company and want to switch everything I can to either biodiesel or propane. I found the Lehr trimmers and blowers today but they tell me they are more marketed to homeowner use. I was planning on buying a blower and a trimmer to try out but didn't want to waste my time on junk.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have both and honestly there is an issue with their quality. When they work they way they should there is ample power from the trimmer, but there is a considerable weight to them. The blower is under powered for large cleanups, but for quick jobs it actually works well. I have the mower as well, but it is by far the worst of the group and I couldn't recommend it to anyone.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Would love to see some pics of blower and mower. Ran the trimmer high use heavy load, what an oil spiting green china piece of chit. Can't believe a honda or echo would not just nail this side of equipment down. Glad PERC gave these guys a bunch of money lol.