Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just got off the phone with my dealer and they said they run 22.95 each, so a total of $46 for the set. Gonna have to get in there and see about ordering a set.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've never noticed the difference in the backs between the mag and non...gonna look tomorrow...I knew something was up with those straps.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Why is the br600 so popular?

I'm not trying to start a war here or any thing, but last spring my uncle bought a br600 magnum to help maintain his 3 acre lot and 2 acre store lot with a huge parking lot. He got about a year out of it before it ate a valve randomly, I know he used it a lot, but he is a bit OCD about the way his equipment is maintained. The blower was just out of warranty to, so he was super pissed and basically sold all his Stihl stuff and replaced it with shindaiwa. I hear Stihl has gotten better with stuff like that, but it scared me away from buying one.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroked View Post
I'm not trying to start a war here or any thing, but last spring my uncle bought a br600 magnum to help maintain his 3 acre lot and 2 acre store lot with a huge parking lot. He got about a year out of it before it ate a valve randomly, I know he used it a lot, but he is a bit OCD about the way his equipment is maintained. The blower was just out of warranty to, so he was super pissed and basically sold all his Stihl stuff and replaced it with shindaiwa. I hear Stihl has gotten better with stuff like that, but it scared me away from buying one.
Sounds like a fluke to me, bad stuff gets out of every plant no matter what the product, even BMW puts out a bad car once in a while.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:

A reasonable approach.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:48 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
So he bought a used blower? I call BS, two year warranty on Stihl. If I recall it would have been 3 year warranty for non commercial.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
So he bought a used blower? I call BS, two year warranty on Stihl. If I recall it would have been 3 year warranty for non commercial.
Posted via Mobile Device
If he bought it as a homeowner instead of an LCO and bought the 6 pack of HP Ultra at time of purchase (like most dealers recommend), the warranty went from 2 years to 4.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
That really is the exact opposite of even my own experience. My first BR600 was over a year out of warranty. My dealer inspected it and determined that the valve guides were dropping and replaced the entire engine and carb. No charge.

I suspect that your uncle's experience was due to the dealer and not Stihl. Stihl has been very, very liberal with warranty work and not just with the BR600s. How many other brands of outdoor power equipment offer a lifetime warranty on the driveshaft and clutch?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
A reasonable approach.
Yeah, sometimes he does the stupidest things . He bought the blower used from his neighbor because he was moving to a apartment.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
bought the 6 pack of HP Ultra at time of purchase (like most dealers recommend), the warranty went from 2 years to 4.
Correct just bought a BR600 4 year warranty had to buy the oil but needed some anyways.

Michigan has two seasons, winter and road construction.....!!!

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. Ecclesiastes 9:10