Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Preservation Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianslawncare View Post
anyone do this kind of work? i was contacted two days ago about work in my area.besides the grass cutting their is other work like changing locks and trashouts. it looks like their is money to be made. but not sure if its worth it? can you just do the grass work? or do you have to take everything? can i only except work i want in my area? you have to take pics and email them before and after which is no problem, but some want 80 pics of the grass? thanks
We have been doing preservation work a long time and yes there is money to be made. We work for multiple companies and if you only want to do the lawn work tell them that. Just because they have work in your area doesnt mean you have to take it. If you dont do the other work they will just find somebody else to do it.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

RDJ Preservation --- FRAUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianslawncare View Post
the one that contacted me was rdj . anyone heard of them? any info? i heard safeguard is good to work for?
Hopefully you havent already started working for them but you should check out the reports on ripoffreport.com. We did 25 props for them and never got any payment. They are Frauds....
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Run from rdj preservation-- fraud alert... They dont pay
Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubedmack View Post
DO NOT WORK FOR SAFEGUARD! THEY WILL WORK THE HELL OUT OF YOU AND NOT PAY YOU. I've been doing REO properties for two years. It all depends on what company you work for. I only deal with Five Brothers, LAMCO and Cyprexx. All three of this company can be a pain in the ass but they pay on time. Cyprexx is real pain in the ass because they want you to do everything for the little money they pay but they will give you a lot of work. Five Brothers and LAMCO pay much higher than Cyprexx. You don't have to do trash outs and lock changes if you don't want to and you can tell them what area's you serve. With gas prices going up so quickly I try to be very selective on the distance I travel. Do not deal with Property Preservation work off of Craigslist. They will offer you $15-$25 a lawn.
I just had Property Preservation contact me. I don't think I'll be returning there call.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Oh is this one of those scams where I'm supposed to take more pictures than actual work I'm doing and then hope I get paid?

Let me just say one thing that I have learned over the years...
I don't consider myself 'PAID' until their check has cleared my bank (and I mean cleared, which takes about 2 weeks from the deposit day).
And the more rigmarole (to include pictures) I have to entertain in order to get paid, the more money I have to get.

Now I suppose for some folks it's just what they've always wanted, but it's not my cup of tea.

Last edited by herler; 05-08-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

i get alot of emails from clist from the preservation company's and seems like a big chase to get money,from 20 cuts and 15 recuts to 90 day pay outs ..
Old 05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We have done some stuff in the past for Pinelands Preservation. There isn't a ton of bank owned homes in our area, but the ones we have done were pretty rough. They guy I have dealt with has made some pretty absurd property requests as far as locations go, one 60 miles north and another 50 miles southeast and wanting them both done on the same day. Uh....no.

It didn't take too much negotiation to get a somewhat fair price for the properties. What ones we have done have been the initial maintenance with nothing under $90, for a couple hours of work. A DR field mower works well! I told them up front that all we do is lawn care, we aren't maids and don't intend on being maids.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
These guys have not worked for the right people. I just got sent 32 grass cuts im gonna try to do this weekend and they pay wwaaaaayyy more than 20 a yard.
True, I have worked for sour companys who dont pay, but its extremly important to do your research..company website, BBB, company reviews ect.. I work for two preservation companys currently and have been for the last two years. Best business decision ive made, pick and choose my work, on average 60+ lawns at $40each most every week till fall comes around anyway, salt drives in the winter. Bid on all trash-outs(which are very profitable), leave removal in fall, general repairs ect..Im out here in Va and you wouldnt believe all the low-ballers we have out here. Ive lost 5 out of the 30 of my own personal accounts in the last 2wks due to $25 mow and blow companys, no loyalty where im at anymore. Do you guys have that issue where yall are?.. im just ready to get out of residential mowing all together.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubedmack View Post
DO NOT WORK FOR SAFEGUARD! THEY WILL WORK THE HELL OUT OF YOU AND NOT PAY YOU. I've been doing REO properties for two years. It all depends on what company you work for. I only deal with Five Brothers, LAMCO and Cyprexx. All three of this company can be a pain in the ass but they pay on time. Cyprexx is real pain in the ass because they want you to do everything for the little money they pay but they will give you a lot of work. Five Brothers and LAMCO pay much higher than Cyprexx. You don't have to do trash outs and lock changes if you don't want to and you can tell them what area's you serve. With gas prices going up so quickly I try to be very selective on the distance I travel. Do not deal with Property Preservation work off of Craigslist. They will offer you $15-$25 a lawn.
did you have to pay $300 sign up fee with Lamco? Is it worth it? On average how many jobs do they send you a week?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
These guys have not worked for the right people. I just got sent 32 grass cuts im gonna try to do this weekend and they pay wwaaaaayyy more than 20 a yard.

What company is that?