Register free!

Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuttingedgelawn View Post
K, thanks for the info....Another question I have is, I have a Stihl backpack sprayer that I plan on using, would I just pour the chemical in there from the jug or do I have to do anything else that I'm not aware of? Or is there any reason to dilute it?
OMG...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuttingedgelawn View Post
K, thanks for the info....Another question I have is, I have a Stihl backpack sprayer that I plan on using, would I just pour the chemical in there from the jug or do I have to do anything else that I'm not aware of? Or is there any reason to dilute it?

Honestly, after so many years in the industry these type of posts just make me depressed. This business just doesn't change much.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Honestly, after so many years in the industry these type of posts just make me depressed. This business just doesn't change much.
Just think of the number of idiots that dont even bother to ask others and just follow through with their irresponsible actions
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landgreen View Post
Just think of the number of idiots that dont even bother to ask others and just follow through with their irresponsible actions
Posted via Mobile Device
Or the one's that ask and have no intention of following the advice they are given.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landgreen View Post
$100/hr
Posted via Mobile Device
For him, maybe $5 per hour.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Yep and People get mad at me because they think I am arrogant when I answer these questions. But I couldn't answer those question without my education. That BTW Cost a small fortune in TIME, SWEAT, & MONEY. Here is a C&P from an other Thread about Getting Certified in Florida.

Quote:
Florida, the same way. Except it's 24 credits, 9 courses and $7000!
The above poster forgot to add in the experience requirements.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Horticulture which is 120 credit hours or 40 courses not 24 credit Hours and only 9 courses. Now Add in travel time and Lost working hours and Family time.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I knew this is where we were going as soon as I read "I have a Stihl backpack sprayer and they are able to furnish the chemical or said they would allow me to."
Old 10-05-2012, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in Ohio that would be considered an industrial vegetation app. You have no idea how many companies in my state that get a turf license and think they are covered for all their apps. I see these guys doing ornamental and industrial veg apps all the time. I check ODA's web site to see what categories they are licensed for and 9 times out of 10 they only have a turf license. Some are not licensed at all. I'm not a tattle tale but a bunch of licensed guys I know are. They won't hesitate to call ODA in Reynoldsburg and turn them in.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJK2352 View Post
Here in Ohio that would be considered an industrial vegetation app. You have no idea how many companies in my state that get a turf license and think they are covered for all their apps. I see these guys doing ornamental and industrial veg apps all the time. I check ODA's web site to see what categories they are licensed for and 9 times out of 10 they only have a turf license. Some are not licensed at all. I'm not a tattle tale but a bunch of licensed guys I know are. They won't hesitate to call ODA in Reynoldsburg and turn them in.
Florida has some similar strange Laws. Chapter 482 Limited license (Roundup Lic) doesn't cover the parking lot spraying. It is considered Right of Way spraying and covered under Chapter 487 a completely different dept of the government. Now the Kicker is, You don't need a license to spray parking lots with a GUP product including danger labeled products.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yep and People get mad at me because they think I am arrogant when I answer these questions. But I couldn't answer those question without my education. That BTW Cost a small fortune in TIME, SWEAT, & MONEY. Here is a C&P from an other Thread about Getting Certified in Florida.

The above poster forgot to add in the experience requirements.

I have a Bachelor's degree in Horticulture which is 120 credit hours or 40 courses not 24 credit Hours and only 9 courses. Now Add in travel time and Lost working hours and Family time.

The poster didn't forget anything

Those qualifying through education may qualify with a degree and 20 semester hours or 30 quarter hours advanced training or a major in entomology, botany, agronomy, or horticulture from a recognized college or university. You may also qualify without a degree, provided you have 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours advanced training in the above fields of study. Those qualifying through education must also document one year of service employment as a service employee of a licensee that performs pest control in any category or categories that the person is seeking to be examined in. (Those persons attending a public university in this state specializing in urban pest management which includes practical pest management experience will satisfy the one year service employment requirement.)